[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Breaking?

Bookmark and Share
    Jamesr - Reefkeeper Moderator

Default Breaking?

Anyone have a tank break for no reason?

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

I haven't bit wondering if anyone has myself. And what caused it.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

i have not had it happen but have heard of a few doing it eather a week joint our unlevel tank
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

i've seen pics of a guys bigger nano cube blow out the front randomly on him.

I bought the tank from a friend he had it setup for 8 months he went bigger i had it for 5 months. it was a 65g cube and it ****tered.

Quote Originally Posted by chort55 View Post
    How long was it set up, new/used, what was the tank (size, shape/design), how did it break, did it crack or ****ter...............

Not personally but I had a friend whos 46g bowfront basically explode while he was eating dinner one night!

CableGuy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Adam

Rock slide possible?

lauraandlarry - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Laura

All i can think of is if it was warm in your house and then u maybe turn on AC it could cause the glass to break from the temp change

Quote Originally Posted by chort55 View Post
    how long did u have water in it? Front/side panel or bottom panel.... any pics of the tank on stand before/after??

About 3 months just really started so didn't really have alot of livestock in it. only panel that was left was the bottom

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy View Post
    Rock slide possible?
    No they were all epoxied together.

rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

I had a nano cube once that I had gotten for free because it had been leaking for the previous owner. I had planned on resiliconing it to salvage. I set it up and had it sitting on my kitchen counter for about a week. I checked and it was 100% level. To my surprise, I couldn't get the tank to leak at all. And then one day during that week, I was sitting in my living room when I hear what sounded like a pebble hitting a window. I walked into the kitchen to find a giant crack all the way down the side and water leaking out.

I was cleaning the windows today and noticed a hole in one of the screens near the tank. Maybe one of the neighbor kids shot it with a pellet gun!