[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Buying Corals on-line?

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Question Buying Corals on-line?

Living where I do I am totally dependent on buying my corals on-line. My question is this. Are there any specific steps I should take to make the sale go as smooth as possible. Precautions so to speak. I know this is hard as your generally dealing with someone (s) you don't know nor have ever met. Is using Paypal enough?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Living where I do I am totally dependent on buying my corals on-line. My question is this. Are there any specific steps I should take to make the sale go as smooth as possible. Precautions so to speak. I know this is hard as your generally dealing with someone (s) you don't know nor have ever met. Is using Paypal enough?
    for money yes, paypal has high security. as far as what they ship and how they ship, that is what the reviews and personal feedback section on a persons page is for. you can always ask other members if they have ever received an item from "said" person and if so how well was it packed. i always asked as many questions as i can before buying or doing something that way when i go to do it i can try to make it as easy as possible for me.

some people pack better than others and you will notice that but as long as they get there safe, a good practice is have them ship monday or tuesday only and send them a weather forecast for your area just to be sure they know if it is going to snow storm or something and if they should pack an extra heat pack (or cold pack) with what you are getting to ensure live arrival.

you can always ask the person personally how they pack and ship things and if you don't like that method then simply don't purchase from them.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Great advice guys, thanks!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Be sure the corals are delivered on a day you will be home.
    Likes jolson10450 liked this post

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

yeah, so far I have purchased corals from three of our sponsers...happycorals, coral morphologic, and zoa collector...all great IMO
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

Check with your delivery services near you, you can often times save money (and time) by picking up at the delivery hub/warehouse. Less stress than being in a delivery truck all day.

Quote Originally Posted by redemer123 View Post
    yeah, so far I have purchased corals from three of our sponsers...happycorals, coral morphologic, and zoa collector...all great IMO
    It would really help if we started a thread in there forum after a transaction thanking them and even throw up some pics if we can. We can also take a minute and give the sponsor some positive feedback in there profile page so peeps can review the transactions in the future.

thanks.......chuck
    I simply can't trust people that don't like bacon,