| || || |
02-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by chort55
Ok I am considering switching from RC to Tropic Marin salt.... basically its about the same cost for me (tm is like .02/g more maybe lol) but I am wanting to know if its really any better/ should I make the change
Anyone have any experience with TM especially with switching from RC??
Little bit about my system... 180g is going to be mostly FO I think, possibly some sticks, ultra cheap fillers, a 30g cube with a full mixed reef, and a 100g fuge
w/ 20 or 70g sump.
Thanks for the help guys/ gals
Hello mate, I would first caution you to heavily consider what you are about to do.
1. No two salts are a like. Some are similar, but each slightly different then the other. Your corals have adapted to the RC and I'm sure you're making adjustments parameters wise after your WC.
2. What is the percentage of corals in your tank? Are they expensive and hard to replace?
3. If cost is not an issue, I wouldn't switch salt. RC is the only salt I use and I consider it the best and a search on the net will back this up. Rich in calcium and dissolves supper quick. My parameters seldom need adjusting after a WC.
4. There are lots of horror stories of switching salts. Tanks have crashed, corals have died and some simply don't respond well as the switch was done incorrectly. A salt change must be done gradually over several WC via a series of small WC and not all at once.
5. Sending a link via PM that you should read first. I think it will be very convincing
Good luck my friend.
| || || |