[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

coral beauty swimming upside down

Bookmark and Share

Default coral beauty swimming upside down

ive had a coral beauty for 2 weeks, and in this time it hasnt shown much interest in food - flakes or shrimp.
    today i found it swimming upside down at the back of the tank. my suspicion is it has air in its stomach but it doesnt look like comming good by itself.
    is there any way i can help the fish?

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

Its most likely his gall bladder, the organ that controls buoyancy in fish. I would put him in a separate chamber or hospital tank and wait to see if it gets better. Try feeding him live food and high quality spirulina flakes (algae based).

Hope your fish gets better.

Ps. I have a coral beauty as well and it is an awesome fish. It took it a couple days to get acclimated but after that he started eating spirulina flakes and grazing on the rocks for algae and pods.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

does it look like a stressed swim. is it starting to look sunken in and skinny??? I agree, I would QT it if possible and get it on some good flake and live food to get it back to health. but usually they are a very hardy fish. best of luck to you. keep us posted as to how its doing.
    also when it was introduced into the tank was it picked on or harrassed. what other fish you got in with it???
    fulltankshot 1 - coral beauty swimming upside down