[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Cyno in my fuge?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Cyno in my fuge?

WTH? Still growing like crazy. Red slime in my fuge only. Could it be my skimmer is impeding the flow throughout. Output flow seems good. New lamp. Heck I don't know. I don't want to disturb the pod population by cleaning it out
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

Can you turn the lights off on the 'fuge for a few days? That might help clean it out. I've been told that old bulbs and phosphates are to blame. Since your lights are new (right?), you might try using some Phos-Ban...

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dlhirst View Post
    Can you turn the lights off on the 'fuge for a few days? That might help clean it out. I've been told that old bulbs and phosphates are to blame. Since your lights are new (right?), you might try using some Phos-Ban...
    Turned the light out last night Chemipure Elite here I come! Lol

rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member

It does show that you have some phosphates in the tank. Chemi pure elite should help for sure, I would get the chemipure in there and about 2 days later kill the light over the fuge for a couple days. If the fuge light and display light are one in the same leave it on and let the chemipure do the work.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by rmalone View Post
    It does show that you have some phosphates in the tank. Chemi pure elite should help for sure, I would get the chemipure in there and about 2 days later kill the light over the fuge for a couple days. If the fuge light and display light are one in the same leave it on and let the chemipure do the work.
    Lights are separate am wondering where the po4 is coming from though. Using ro/di with a TDS of .0 feed ocean nutrition flake 1x daily-rince all my frozen foods. Why nothing in the DT?

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

How long are thie lights on over the fuge?

Are you bacteria/carbon dosing at all?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    How long are thie lights on over the fuge?

Are you bacteria/carbon dosing at all?
    Lights are on from 11pm-7am and no dosing anything aside from 2part.

Lights are separate am wondering where the po4 is coming from though. Using ro/di with a TDS of .0 feed ocean nutrition flake 1x daily-rince all my frozen foods. Why nothing in the DT?

Why nothing in the DT, I dunno. If your fish don't demand to eat frozen just stick to pellets/flake. Keep in mind anything the fish are eating be it high quality flake/pellets or rinsed frozen still has a ton of phosphates. At the base line of organisms they use ATP (adenisine triphosphate) for energy. So all foods have some, and those not used for energy/growth are still in the tank.
    Last edited by rmalone; 11-05-2011 at 01:27 PM.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by rmalone View Post

Why nothing in the DT, I dunno. If your fish don't demand to eat frozen just stick to pellets/flake. Keep in mind anything the fish are eating be it high quality flake/pellets or rinsed frozen still has a ton of phosphates. At the base line of organisms they use ATP (adenisine triphosphate) for energy. So all foods have some, and those not used for energy/growth are still in the tank.

Still doesn't answer why the fuge only.

The only thing I can think of is flow, it's probably much higher in the DT than in the fuge (just like it's supposed to be). Miz I have seen many sumps with some cyano while the DT was clean. Your worrying about it too much. One other cause could be that the spectrum of light over the fuge is more conducive to cyano than the light spectrum in the DT. Either way you need to relax baby, I thought thats why people lived in the UP so they could relax.
    Last edited by rmalone; 11-06-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last