[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Dead... Everything

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default Dead... Everything

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Alright so I woke up this morning and coudlent here my air pump goinmg but thought nothing of it, Looking around in my room I took a glance at my salt tank, And it was so merky I could only see about 3-4 inches in. So I'm looking around tring to see what happend and where my fish are, Well the undergravel filter that I had on there shut right down and relesed all the toxins straight into the tank. Well needless to say it Killed everything, My perc, Peperment shirmp and my ugly damsel that I had. The only thing that lived were bristel worms "spaghetti worms" and my hermit crabs. Yeah so this morning sucked and I have to restart my tank from pretty well scratch. O well just means that I could get my new tank set up even faster!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

To bad hate to hear that.

But i guess you can just like at it as a chance for bigger and better
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

The old guy works in mysterious ways... you must be destined for a much bigger tank.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That sucks. hate to hear somthing like that but i guess that 40 will be set up ASAP!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#O dont you worry about the bigger tank lol, Because of this my dad is going to help me get my other tank set up to saltwater by the end of the week. I'll be shure to put some pics up to show yeah the progress. He is also paying for all the wood to make a custom hood to house the metal halieds. Even after that I wont have many fish, Only 3 from my dads tank that he's shutting down, A Marine Beta, Yellow tail damsel and Saddle Back clown. Possibly if hes still alive in there a pistol shrimp but I highly doubt that, I havent seen him in over a year. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

That sure does suck rocks... Now's your chance to take that undergavel filter and smash it to bits so you'll not be tempted to use it again in a salt tank. They are great when they work, but when they fail they really fail.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very True. Mike, i will be over tonight to kill the undergravel filter!!! LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

yeah get the ug filter out of there they are nitrate traps and will only cause you grief later on down the road. That is really too gad to hear sorry for the loss
    fulltankshot 1 - Dead... Everything

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All I can say is... Butane and my ligher get to meet that undergravel filter tonight, OoOoO and it shall be a good ol time. That thing well never kill another fish again!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Definitly looking forward to that! ahha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last