[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Dirt4dinner's build up

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last

Default Dirt4dinner's build up (UPDATED 4/14/06)

Ok kids,
    As many of you know this is my second tank...however I am calling it my first. I call it my first because it is BRAND NEW (my old one was used), and my first one never got through the cycle before I killed everything in it (that's another story).
    So here are some photos of it as I have started building. I will get more as I progress.
    ...I think my fish just farted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our little corner of the www.
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Uno Mas. This is my wiring job for those T5s (which have LOTS of wires). I used some split tube from Radio Shack to hide the wires, and then used clips to hold the tubes in place around corners. I am very happy with how it came out. I also mounted 2 computer fans into the back of the canopy to keep the lights cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Everything is looking really good. I do have one suggestion. I would recommend moving the ballast some where else, away from the potential spills and overflows. You might consider moving it up between the fans or up inside the cabinets. Any where water is not likely to hit it. A little salt water splashed on that ballast could result in a fried ballast and worst case a fire followed by a flood. Just my two cents.

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Good job Tyler,looks nice and clean.Thats a good point mentioned above.Since moveing it will be a PITA,I'd just put some sort of splash guard/small section of wood above it attached to the stand.Then,all u would have to do is remount that wire bundle under the ballast for a drip loop.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try to figure out some sort of splash guard, because putting it in my stand would make it too hot, and there is no room in the canopy (as I have 2 more T5's on the way). I will play with it today and see what I come up with. Thanks. -DIRT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

You didn't buy any of your lighting from me ya jerk!
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

YOU SENT ME TO REEF GEEK!!! Remember, I didn't know what I needed, and you found me the "package" deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Oh yeah, they had the bulbs that I couldn't get a hold of. Sorry for calling you a jerk.

By the way, you're still a jerk.
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

tyler looking good

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last