[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Dirt4dinner's new display Refugium!! PICS!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

This is a 24" tank and I needed about a can and a half. There is no such thing as "left over" foam, the stuff just keeps oozing out of the can after you get done, you just toss out the can, even if there is a little left. Like I said above, I would definatly buy an extra can or two just to practice with. Getting the texture right is really tough, and they can come out horrible.
    ...I think my fish just farted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our little corner of the www.
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thanks Tyler for the information. It sounds like a little practice is in order. Is this the stuff you used??

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...&N=62728&Nty=1

I really like your texture. It looks like the back wall actually a couple large ridges in it.

greg97527 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Hey shad you can get that stuff over at richrds (frog prince)

Yeah thats the stuff! Weirdest stuff I have ever seen. It comes out like a never ending black turd....and sticky like super glue!! Practice is definatly in order before you try this on anything of value!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Wow, Tyler! That foam came out GREAT! Patience really has paid off for you! Now for the mantis... we've got to find you one!

greg97527 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

found one
    ebay

Thanks Greg. I think I found a red one w. wennare is the species from a guy in Florida. Going to be $30 shipped to my door. I can handle that. Thanks again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Now go figure! That would make a cool wall, and you're right! The little crevices and such will make excellent places for all the tiniest critters to make their homes in. I must say, you did a very good job on your walls. I'd really like to see it done. Next time you decide to do that, flip on a camcorder and make a video to share on the board. I can't wait to see how the rest of it turns out. Thanks for sharing! ....Angel :angel1:
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

good idea reef angle video is always best for learning
    :: hummer :nemo

Hey gang,
    I got some stuff in the tank and thought I better get another round of photos. Here is what we have so far! I put one nice big piece of live rock with some nice arched caves on the bottom side. I also added Bam Bam, my Peacock Mantis shrimp, he isn't very photogenic yet, but I got a couple of him staring out at the camera. I also added the damsel...which is either going to be Bam Bam's friend or meal...so far they seem to just ignore each other. I also have added some macro algeas the red one (I don't know what it is called), some Alameda, and some shaving brush. There is also a little pile of live rock rubble in there. Then I tossed in a few hermits, and some snails for clean up crew, and snacks for Bam Bam. And just tonight, I picked up the 96W coralife fixture used locally and set it up there. So that should be the final lighting setup; the Odyssea T5 fixture (with only 1 working bulb) and the 96W Coralife Fixture with a 50/50 bulb.

Here are the photos.
    Here is the full tank shot. The powerhead in the photo is temporary...the suction cups do everything but SUCK...so that sucks!
    DisplayRefugium001 - Dirt4dinner's new display Refugium!! PICS!

Here is a little closer look with the damsel, and the macros.
    DisplayRefugium002 - Dirt4dinner's new display Refugium!! PICS!

And last but not least...BAM BAM!!!! What a stud! This is the coolest saltwater critter I have ever had!
    DisplayRefugium003 - Dirt4dinner's new display Refugium!! PICS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last