[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Dirt4dinner's new display Refugium!! PICS!

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

That is one terrific system... looks incredible and that foam is exactly what I am intending on using on my next tank. Question though... did it expand at all???
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

right on its about time I saw a pic of him. I have heard soooo much about him. that fuge is looking good. cant wait to see it in a month or 2 when its got some growth on the foam.
    fulltankshot 1 - Dirt4dinner's new display Refugium!! PICS!

The foam expands a lot when it is drying. About 10-15 min after first applying it, you have to smash it down hard, that gets rid of the bubbly, fluffy look and helps it adhere to the glass better. All I can say is, practice practice practice before you try it on a tank of value!

Thanks guys, it means a lot getting compliments from the crew around here!
    ...I think my fish just farted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our little corner of the www.
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

what is that critter under the rock on pg 1 ?
    :: hummer :nemo

I think you are referring to Bam Bam...my Peacock Mantis Shrimp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

it thought those were dangeris in a tank thay can crack the glass( i heard )
    :: hummer :nemo

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

it has happened in the past, but from what I gather its very rare that it happens, I have heard of them busting heaters more often than tanks. and yes they are dangerous. IMO they are on of the most intellegent inverts you can get. you want to keep them by themselves. they are very cunning hunters. but they are such a cool critter and the color that peacocks have is AMAZING.
    fulltankshot 1 - Dirt4dinner's new display Refugium!! PICS!

Looks great, Tyler! I can't wait to see how this tank matures over the next few months!

Hummer,
    There have been "stories", possibly true of Peacocks breaking glass tanks. That's why mine is in an acrylic tank. I don't have anything in there for him to break, except snails, and hermits. When I work in the tank, I keep an eye out for him, but he seems to want to keep his distance. He has taken a few shots at my prongs when I have been moving stuff around, but it just makes me jump. He is absolutly amazing to watch, the way he hunts, the way he moves....and most creepy the way he stares at me. When I am looking in the tank, he will look right at me. They are smart! They need to be housed alone obviously, as anything else alive in the tank is a potential meal. But with the right set up they can be very fun "pets", and they are incredibly hardy to boot. I am looking forward to watching him get bigger for sure. He is still pretty small at about 4".

Sweetpea,
    Thanks, I can't wait either! I am picking up a nice piece of LR from a friends VERY active refugium to give mine a jump start. Hopefully that will boost the pod population and get things rolling in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3