[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Feeding of Corals a Run Down?

Bookmark and Share

Default Feeding of Corals a Run Down?

Ive had this debate with a few LFS and friends in the hobby. From my understanding corals (sps in particular) dont eat algea (phytoplankton) mainly clams, feather dusters and other filter feeders doo. And that corals mainly eat zooplankton (meaty foods). Am I right, wrong? Maybe we can compile a list of corals and there feeding and settings?
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

I agree, from everything I have ever witnessed or read about SPS dont eat phytoplankton. Most clams over 3 inches dont eat phyto either as they are almost totally photosynthetic. Most corals will do well eating zooplankton if you can get it into small enough pieces for them to digest. Most everything else that you listed will eat phyto. Algagen makes a phyto that is superb imo and i have seen SPS polyps opening when I feed it. A total run down on the list would take forever lol

Thanks for the reply, finally someone =P
    From what I understand is that clams over 3 inches dont but I think if they do, they grow faster. or so Ive heard? Hopefully this bump and someone else can chime in.
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.