[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

filter socks, how do you clean them?

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    CR Member
    First Name
    andrew

I change out filter socks every three days . in the wash machine splash of bleach, run machine again no bleach then air dry. I find if I don't use bleach the filter socks smell ,well like dirty socks. most will go well its just a smell,but the thing about it is smells come from something right? if there is a nasty smell that is just a sign that there still is something in the fibers rotting. make sense ? or am I on the wrong page?

robandrosco - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob

I've been running mine through the dishwasher on rinse only cycle. It gets pretty clean. Enough to satisfy me atleast.

You know that the pumps in dishwashers shoot water in and out of dishwasher? Therefore u could b spraying that stuff back on your dishes.. I would opt for washer!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

First Name
    Rob

so when i put nasty dirty dishes in my dishwasher it shoots nasty dirty water on them to wash them? I have a hard time believing that one..

Dishwashers have a one pump system.. Same pump shoots out as in.. After a load is done any water left in that pump from previous load gets into new load.. Thats why some high end dishwashers use a two pump system.. Anyways I'm just an observer that had a thought.. Do what u will

First Name
    Rob

Right on I stand corrected. Going to make sur e I run an empty rinse cycle

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Stainless steel cannot harbor bacteria, as in a washer tub. Plastic can, so unless u run a sanitize wash afterward, there might still be bacteria in there.. People can get sick from palytoxins.. U wanna risk that.. Thats the end of my .02

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2