[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Food recipes

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Food recipes

Dang one tray alone would last me at least a year + lol Gotta say though that it sure looks yummy!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Dang one tray alone would last me at least a year + lol Gotta say though that it sure looks yummy!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Lol I guess ya got a point! I'll pass on the taste test tho. But my tangs and wrasses love this stuff! I got a naso Saturday and he just flipped the first time I fed. It was funny as he#% he was stealing food from anyone he could and looked like he swallowed a golf ball !

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

We feed one cube all at once. We then feed nori just befor the lights go out. Yeah it's nice that she's into the tank also. I do buy the large bottles one at a time then freeze em tell we need to make food. Most of the time we take frags in and use the credit to buy the oyster feast,roti feast and ROE fish eggs. They run about 73.00 a bottle.

MyNemesis - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    John
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner - Fishbowl Drawing #3 MCES 2012 ($25 Reef Paradise Gift Certificate)

Default MMMC Club Batch

Hey Chuck. Your recipe looks very similar to the last batch the MMMC made for our members in January before the swap. Everyone got a healthy bag of the mix for being a member and helping at the swap-- not bad for a $12.00 membership fee! Kirby from Preuss helped with the recommendations, and Preuss was kind enough to donate many of the items. We used: 16 oz bottles of Phytofeast, Oyster feast, 6 oz ROE, 16 oz Rotifeast, 8 oz flat of Mysis, Nutrimax Prawn Eggs, two 3 oz bars cyclopeeze, 7 oz Prime Reef frozen cubes. Formula One 3.5 oz cubes, small pkg baby brine, garlic flavored nori and some shrimp and squid prepared in a similar fashion to your batch. I think we figured our total cost was less than $10.00 per bag and I believe we had 15 or so full sandwich bags when all was said and done. It was a little over a couple bucks for the ingredients. I don't feed this mix every day, but it is a great combo mix for the fishies and the corals! Small ice cube trays would be very cool, so the cubes would be about the size of the prime reef cubes. One year we tried using egg crate inside the sandwich bags to make small cubes, but that didn't work so well. I am gonna have to plan a road trip to check our your new set up!

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by MyNemesis View Post
    Hey Chuck. Your recipe looks very similar to the last batch the MMMC made for our members in January before the swap. Everyone got a healthy bag of the mix for being a member and helping at the swap-- not bad for a $12.00 membership fee! Kirby from Preuss helped with the recommendations, and Preuss was kind enough to donate many of the items. We used: 16 oz bottles of Phytofeast, Oyster feast, 6 oz ROE, 16 oz Rotifeast, 8 oz flat of Mysis, Nutrimax Prawn Eggs, two 3 oz bars cyclopeeze, 7 oz Prime Reef frozen cubes. Formula One 3.5 oz cubes, small pkg baby brine, garlic flavored nori and some shrimp and squid prepared in a similar fashion to your batch. I think we figured our total cost was less than $10.00 per bag and I believe we had 15 or so full sandwich bags when all was said and done. It was a little over a couple bucks for the ingredients. I don't feed this mix every day, but it is a great combo mix for the fishies and the corals! Small ice cube trays would be very cool, so the cubes would be about the size of the prime reef cubes. One year we tried using egg crate inside the sandwich bags to make small cubes, but that didn't work so well. I am gonna have to plan a road trip to check our your new set up!
    Wow that's a nice recipe,covers allot. Mrs Binford found some trays at target that we're half the size of a normal cube. Work nice but ended up useing two of them so we just stayed with the normal ones.

You are always welcome to visit John,make it a weekend and we'll throw some fillet's on the grill !

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ok so you could actually buy smaller cheaper bottles of those (and likely some of the other things) and make a smaller batch? That might make a little more sense for someone with a smaller tank/ food load then.
    Yeah,reef nutrition sells very small bottles to a pint normally. I special order the large bottles. They call it a commercial size bottle ! Lol

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2