[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

FOUND!!!!

Bookmark and Share

Default FOUND!!!!

Over the past 6 months I have purchased two pistol shrimp and two different goby variety to pair with them. In both cases the pair would come up missing within days. This led me to believe either acclimation hadn't gone well or that there was a predator in my tank that was making a very expensive dinner out of my fish and shrimp. Well last night I was doing a little late night flash light examination and found my red banded goby that I bought almost 4 months ago...but the weird thing...I found him in the SUMP! He had to have ridden the overflow, got shot through a ball valve and then gone over a baffle in the sump to get to the return chamber. I have no idea how long he has been there, but I think it has been several months. Weird...now I get to go fish him out and put him back in the tank for another try at life WITHIN the aquarium. Wish me luck.
    ...I think my fish just farted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our little corner of the www.
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Good luck, indeed! And congrats on the find!

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

hows he doing (the fish) and have you found the shrimp
    :: hummer :nemo

Haven't seen the shrimp, but pretty much every night I hear the distinct sounds of "snapping" in my display tank...I am hoping that one of them is still in there and just very good at hiding.

I am having a terrible time getting this fish out of my sump, there are so many cords, PVC pipes, and powerheads in there. Hopefully I will get him soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

poor little guy he must be hungry
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

I had a pair of 6-line wrasses that would do the same thing... I'm pretty sure it was on purpose, every few days I'd tear everything out of the sump to rescue them, they would jump over the overflow barrier like they knew where they were going.... how they survived in there I'll never now... three unprotected return pumps, and two skimmers, I can't think of a worse place for little fish. once I figured out how they were getting down there some plastic canvas solved thier adventuring.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

actually the fish looked pretty fat and healthy! I don't shut off my return pump for feeding, so he was getting his daily dose of flake down there. But yeah, talk about a fishy gauntlet, there are powerheads all over...strong ones! I have no idea how long he was down there, but I haven't seen him for somewhere between 2 and 3 months!!!! Anyways, he went back in the tank this morning....and I haven't seen him since....uh oh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Space on Myspace.com
    My Mountain Bike Team

Glad to hear he was so healthy! Let's hope he turns up in the display soon!