[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Found a jumper by daughter's tank...

Bookmark and Share

Default Found a jumper by daughter's tank...

My daughter had to work tonight, so she asked me to feed her fish. I knew something was wrong right away when her wrasse didn't show up for the food. Sure enough, on the floor. Dried up. He's going to be upset.

Any good suggestions for preventing jumpers? I know there's some screen solutions... would like to put something on top, but not sure how to do it without limiting access to the tank, and accommodating her hang-on lights, filter, and skimmer.
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

woods4542000 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    mike

I just went to Lowes today and bought bracing for screens ,some corners ,spline,and for the screen part in the garden section some bird netting. It was all fairly cheap too!
    Likes Cwetherford liked this post

CR Member
    First Name
    John

Sorry to hear of your loss. PM Jim ( jimflies) he makes awesome covers for a great price!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Post a pic of the top of her tank. I usually make the screen tops a couple inches narrow and then use the plastic splash guard across the back. Then you can cut the plastic to fit around any hang on equipment and cords.

Thanks @purerebel and @Tankster for thinking of me/kind words.

Tropical Buff - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bart
    Blog Entries

There is a nice how to on Bulk reef supply too and they sell the items as well just watched the video yesterday

rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member

Just have Jim do it. If you even have a 1/2in gap anywhere I guarantee that sooner or later wrasses, firefish and jawfish will end up on the floor. Oh yeah regular "egg crate", like people use for frag racks wont cut it, all of those fish except the largest of wrasses will go through egg crate like you never put there.

Thx! Will contact Jim.

She's been out the past few nights. Haven't told her yet.
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Maybe sneak a new one in there for her...