[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

FREE FRAGS Coral Magazine.

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Sometimes it really sucks being new to the world of sw reefing. Especially the market world. I do research to become informed and wind up wondering, who the **** do I listen to??
    Although somewhat embarrassed for posting it, not knowing any better. I'm also glad I did. Once again I have been INFORMED!
    No problem Jamie - It's often hard to know who to trust. This so called "author" had the additional implied trustworthiness factor of being published in Coral Magazine but...upon further review, that is simply a forum that apparently allows virtually anyone to contribute.

As I initially inferred, this guy has ulterior motives. A simple Google search uncovers the fact that he runs an organization called "World Sea Life Foundation who's motto is - "Dedicated to the preservation of all life on earth!" If you think those articles were poorly written - you should see their website....

But the ultimate smoking gun....As president of Sea Save Inc., he wants you to buy your fish, corals and dry goods from him!...Saltwater Rescue Center/ Speciality Shop, Aquaculturing Center (over the Internet no less...)

I registered with Coral Magazine with the intent of posting a comment to Mr. Lovewell's article, much to my disappointment, CM has locked comments to his posts. No doubt to prevent the scores of flames from reef aquarists that recognize the uselessness of his article and opinion.
    Last edited by CalmSeasQuest; 06-06-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Wish I could change the title to: Please don't read! UGH!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

he wants you to buy the fish from him because he's the savior of life on earth (or so he thinks)...is this a sham im sensing?..what a load..someone find this gentleman and shove a spoonful of phytoplankton in his mouth then slap him with a dead fish.
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Sounds like a rant to me.

CR Member
    First Name
    Ryan
    Awards March Madness Award - 2012 March Madness Winner

What an interesting and dismal swipe at the hobby and trade and marine enthusiasts as a whole. Lest this 'author' forget that there are many discoveries and even wildlife saving details that are seen and perfected in captivity.

If I were to make my 'leaning' references as far stretched as this guy, my positive spin would be that there needs to be a pool of aspiring biologists to feed the cause of reef preservation organizations worldwide...

I wonder if any of the influential scientists ever kept a tank as a kid with 'illegal' renewable resources?

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

There could be a little truth to it........but obviously over exagerated- and looks to have a hidden adgenda.

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

Corn flakes? Reads more like Fruit Loops!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    I'm thinking someone did something to his corn flakes...

CR Member
    First Name
    Shane

Just proves u cant believe everything you read over the internet

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2