[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Getting Started - Rimless 125

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Getting Started - Rimless 125

I just returned from Great Lakes Aquariums. I was very impressed with the stands and craftmanship. I spent a couple hours asking questions and going over what I wanted in this tank. Steve (the owner) was super friendly and because of my limited time on the days they are open to hte public he accomodated me with an appointment today. The stand I picked is awsome I think. 36" tall with an extra door on the end to make getting to the skimmer easy. I can also get a Swabbie down hte road too to increase skimmer performance

I am going to need some help once this is done. Looks like I either make two trips or someone with a van or SUV comes with me to haul it all home.
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:

CR Member
    First Name
    Craig

Nice! I was also thinking about going with Great Lakes Aquariums. What kind of pricing did you get for the tank and stand?
    22g and 50g tanks

Hopkins - Reefkeeper
    Administrator

First Name
    Adam
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014.

Let me know when. I might be able to help you out. Between our two cars, we could get it in 1 trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I just returned from Great Lakes Aquariums. I was very impressed with the stands and craftmanship. I spent a couple hours asking questions and going over what I wanted in this tank. Steve (the owner) was super friendly and because of my limited time on the days they are open to hte public he accomodated me with an appointment today. The stand I picked is awsome I think. 36" tall with an extra door on the end to make getting to the skimmer easy. I can also get a Swabbie down hte road too to increase skimmer performance

I am going to need some help once this is done. Looks like I either make two trips or someone with a van or SUV comes with me to haul it all home.

If you buy the tank and the stand together he might give you a deal as a package. It was supper reasonable withthe 3rd door. It was around 350.00 and it is poplar with this awsome stain color. It is wood not that cheap particle board covered with laminate.

Thanks Adam. Do you have a big car too???
    anacroporamademepoora

CR Member
    First Name
    Craig

Ah ok didn't realize you had the tank seperate. Not bad you will have to show it off once its setup!
    22g and 50g tanks

Hopkins - Reefkeeper
    Administrator

First Name
    Adam
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014.

My seats fold flat. I could fit the tank if its the 36"x30"x26" 125.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Mike I've got a Jeep Commander and love new tank set up especially aquascaping just hit me up bro!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Just in case everyone else falls through- I will see if I am available, depending on work, ect. I can fit the tank in the back and the stand will strap to the top of my jeep. One shot in one car. I recently picked up chorts 75g + stand w/ it.

Let me know, just in case ya need the help.

I will and thanks. I cant wait to actually get a tank upstairs that I can care for properly not to mention enjoy. I have some ideas for aquascaping it already using a similiar look on a smaller scale as the 270 has now with slight modifications.

I will be searching for a few frags too like a Lemonade and Shades of fall is the prices are not rediculous.
    anacroporamademepoora

I ordered a swabbie last night for the skimmer to help keep the neck clean. This will help with performance and reduce the nearly every day neck wipe down. It is important esp withthe skimmer being upstairs under a stand now.
    anacroporamademepoora

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last