[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Give me a reason not to give up!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    ReefNeck - Reefkeeper Registered User

The only reply to that I can make is that I have been patient! I was not quick to add anything. Since the death of the Coral Beauty Angel from Ich I added nothing for a month to be sure the Ich was dead. No other fish ever showed signs of it.

None of the recent losses were from Ich so that is obviously gone. But I have taken my time and not gotten in any hurry at all. I understand "grounding" is something I should do but don't see how that relates to the current issues.

The Animals that died recently from what I can tell died for no known reason. The rest of the tank is fine and all tests are good. I acclimated properly too. I have no predators.

I would love to say "Somebody tell me exactly why these fish died" but I know that is impossible. In my current situation, Unable to work and with Doctors telling me to relax all the time I have tried to make my reef my escape from reality by getting it where I can really relax and enjoy sitting on my bed and watching it for hours. That gets ruined when things are dying for no good reason. I can not afford to replace these animals and I know it's not a tank problem since so many other animals are 100% fine in the same tank.

Grrrr, This is just adding fuel to the fire.

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

Kerri,
    I sat by for weeks watching the same 4 fish...Make that months...My finances are slim but I hold on to what i got and am thankfull that I can keep going ,there has been days the wife told me to get rid of it since its bare but i held my ground.....One day it will be better just remember it is always darkest before the dawn...I had a spell when i put fish after fish and anemone after anemone in my tank I waited for a time and tried again so far so good so keep your chin up and enjoy your tank
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic

Ok, I have come to a decision thanks in part to carpenterwrasse.

The Reef will stay and I am going to try and concentrate on the smaller/less expensive things that I want to add to it until my health improves.

This is where I would like to ask you all for a little help. I don't want much....Just if you have any mushrooms or Ricordias that you can part with to let me know and be gentle on the price.

I have one Red and one Purple mushroom now. I would like to have a neon Green or any greens and other colors that are available. As for a Ricordia, Nothing fancy, Just a nice, small one to start out with.

I would also like a small frag of Frogspwan. Actually, One of both color variants.

Again, PM me with your price and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to those that helped me calm down again after the strange happenings.

Keri

cq28 - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have a 20 gallon that has not caused me any problems at all. I guess I'm just lucky, but if it makes a difference I don't think you really need a whole lot to make a tank beautiful. I gave my tank color by selecting 3 different variety of rocks. I have zoos and shrooms to add to the color and that's about it for coral. The mushrooms are spreading like wildfire, the zoos are spreading slow, but spreading. I have sunburst polyps that have been giving me trouble but still doing good. I also have some alveopora that is like flower pots but way easier. It looks like an anenome so it makes a great addition. I've read these are one of those things that are difficult to keep, no one knows the real trick. I've kept mine in a low flow area and with the lighting I have (not to much) I think they like it. I havent had any problems and it seems to be growing. It's about 5 months old now so plenty of bacteria to go around. I have a hang on filter to keep it simple and it works. I have two pumps which do the job for flow. I clean everything every 3 months to make sure nothing brakes, but you never know. I got a bad feeling something is going to go down soon since it hasn't happen yet...hopefully not. I have 4 simple fish so all I have to do is feed them. I ordered pods and amphipods because my 6 line loves them. I read the small tanks are real tough with stability, but mine does pretty good. I have the salinity around 1.024 so when the level goes down it won't go higher then .025 or when water level goes up to refill the tank it won't go lower then .023 Remember, beauty doesn't mean it has to be complex. I think the more enjoyable things in life are the simple things, like sitting on a lawn chair @ night looking at the stars.

cq28: I like your analogy!

That's exactly the way I looked at life before I had my accident. Since the head injury.....I can't think straight at times and have fought with depression.

Thanks for bringing me back around and reminding me what it's really like. My reef tank is something to enjoy, admire, Be Proud of and not get all worked up over.

In Other words, Don't sweat the petty things & Don't pet the sweaty things!

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Keri, just hang in there for a bit longer, when the spring weather arrives for the rest of the country, when we can actually start shipping again without the need for multiple heats packs and emergency runs to UPS or where ever to get last minute overnight deliveries ($$$). Everything is gonna work itself out in time.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferMadness

Eww, definitely not!

You didn't mention this in your posts above, but would you want any xenia? I've got a little frag growing right now that I'd be happy to send you when it gets a little bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea472
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeferMadness

Eww, definitely not!

You didn't mention this in your posts above, but would you want any xenia? I've got a little frag growing right now that I'd be happy to send you when it gets a little bigger...
    Thanks, I've got lots of Xenia. Both the Red Sea Xenia and the Pom Pom Xenia.

I have a feeling I will have WAY too much in a few months. lol

Thanks for the offer. Be warned, Even in warm weather, Xenia does not ship well.

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

Come Kerri I thought we on First name basis.
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Kerri, like everyone said, just hang in there buddy, I dont know how many times I have wanted to put my foot through my tanks!!!. but that is wht I love about this hobby is that there is never a dull moment. what does not kill you makes you stronger!!
    and not to mention if you gave up I am pretty sure everyone here would line up to kick you in the rear!!!!
    fulltankshot 1 - Give me a reason not to give up!

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last