[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

good news and bad

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    RHAPALA - Reefkeeper Registered User
    NORTH EAST PA. YES MY TOWN IS REALLY CALLED NORTH EAST

Default good news and bad

ok i'll start withthe good news and sorry they are too small to get pics i meani can hardly see them

ok looking at my rock and my tanks like i always doo i saw somthing that looked good best way i can think to decribe them is tube like with 6 hairs comming out of the tube. now i almost missed this but then i saw one of them retract i have about 15 of them and they are all clear damn nere see threw. any clue on what they are? i was thinking baby filter worms??(feather dusters)??

now for the bad news and the most desturbing news this afternoon when i got out of bed .....yes i said afternoon i work nights
    i was doing my tank checks both 30 gal and 75 gal and i noticed he was gone my doughters nemo was really gone and i dont mean dead gone i just really mean gone as in no where in the tank frantic i took the lid off the tank i looked in the filters behind the tank under rocks behind the heater and i really cant find him...... in this tank i have the following fish 2 black mollies and 1 featherduster............fish simply just dont disapear so i asked my wife and she got ****ed off at me thinking i was joking my daughter is kinda upset too because everyday she would greet him with a good morning and a good night and often would sit stare and just talk to him..............now my question is featherdusters are just filter feeders right? i mean is nemo thought he could maybe lay on it would it have eaten him????i know the mollies would not have at this point i feel lost not sure what to do i mean i could deal if there was a body then i would know but for him to just disapear thats just messed up

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

well, the first things that you saw in your tank are probably mini feather dusters, they come in on the live rock and that is a good sign that you have some growth in the tank.
    Now for nemo........ a featherduster nor your mollies would have eaten him. the duster is strictly a filter feeder. and the mollies would not have killed him. I would say 2 things have happened, 1. he has died and is trapt in the rocks where he will slowly decompose. I would move the rock around and see if you can see him. 2. there is a possibility that he may have jumped out. I would check around the tank and see if you see him there.
    Is this a reefready tank with overflows?? if so you may check in the overflows. I had a perc clown that lived in one of my overflows in one of my tanks. when I fed the tank he swam out of the overflow and when he was done he would hop right back in.
    But keep us posted on the turn out of it. good luck buddy and tell your daughter that I am sorry about nemo.
    fulltankshot 1 - good news and bad

well i did doo a complete 360 of the tank include looking in the filter and the 100% removal of the rocks to look. and hes not there i mean he is really gone as in area 51 gone

First Name
    Greg

yeah that is weird, I had that happen wth a copperband and the conclusion I came too was that he jumped out and one of my cats made a snack out of him. you may want to sift the sand also. but yeah I feel your pain it sure is weird.

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

d*M SORRY TO HERE(SP) THAT MUST SUCK may there is a hitch hicker from the LR?
    :: hummer :nemo

First Name
    Greg

Hummer, you make a very very good point!!!! you could have a gorilla crab or a mantis shrimp in the LR and that would kill a fish and eat it.

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

That sucks bro. Sorry to hear about that! Keep us posted, though!

I'm so sorry Nemo's gone MIA...

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Hope you find him buddy!
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

the point about the crab and shrimp is good and i did look but the rock is 2 small to hid anything i made sure of this because when i set up my 75 i took everything and put it up there except 3 small rocks that have red algaee on it and hes still mia i'm about to give up home on him .............d amn area 51 ufo crap here man i mean like he was beamed up or somthing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last