[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

got some goodies

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Default got some goodies

Well stopped by the LFS just to take a peek and pick up some stuff (traded some live stock for some LR racks i made) I got a cleaner shrimp and a horseshoe crab well when I got there he had a BEAUTIFUL anthia there he wasnt too sure what he was and to be honest neither am I but I am looking. and a HUGE lettuce nudi. well I got them home and acclimated them nice and slow. I put the anthia in and he went straight into the rocks to hide (its been 4 hours since he has been in the tank and still havent seen him, getting kinda worried) and then put in the horseshoe crab and he went straight into the sand. Then came the nudi, I wanted to put him on one of the sides of the tank that is covered in algae so he could go to work on it. I poured out the bad and got him. I placed him in the tank and the current caught him and then SSSSHHHHRRRREEEDDDDDD right into the DAMMMMMM powerhead. I was sooooooo dam mad I almost punched a hole in my wall. after a long string of colorful adjectives I then placed the cleaner in the tank.
    Well the cleaner is doing good and I have seen the horseshoe but I am still concerned about the anthia. I know they are very shy and there is ALOT of rock in there to hide so I am keeping my fingers crossed. as soon as I see him I will be sure to get a pic of him.
    fulltankshot 1 - got some goodies

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Ahh! Both good and bad news there...

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

sorry to hear about you mishap but where the pics. silly of all the stuff you got and the tank
    :: hummer :nemo

First Name
    Greg

well good news, I woke up this morning and kicked the lights on and came back to feed the tank and what to my suprise was peeking out of the rocks................... MY NEW ANTHIA!!!!! I was soooo glad to see the little guy even if it was for a second. he is prettier than I thought. I am hoping tonight when I get home he will be a little more settled in and be out and about so I can snap a pic of him. and the cleaner is doing good and so is the horse shoe. but R.I.P. the poor nudi

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

i'm sorry about your nudi, but it is great to hear the anthia is okay. what about the houseshoe crab i thought they got to big for a tank with live rock and coral and what not. i have always wanted oen but i have been scared away from them
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

First Name
    Greg

amanda, your right they do need a lot of sand to roam about. but with the LR racks that I build there is PLENTY of room for him to cruise around in. I think he should be quite happy in the 400 gallon. at lease he seems happy so far :D

Sparky - Reefkeeper CR Member

What no pictures?????

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

hope you didnt put your camra in the big tank to take up space ....lol......... i dont see any pics..?
    :: hummer :nemo

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

True you do have a 400G... don't think my 75G would be good enough, lol... i know... ignore me. I will have my crab vicaously (sp?) though you...

so...

Please post pictures of my crab... lol just kidding
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Greg what kind of powerheads are you using in the monster? So far we've been lucky and not really shredded anything with the Seio's, I have a pair of 620's in my 25 and a pair of 1500's in the 180 (needs at least another pair of 2600's now). Although I know what a 6 inch bristle worm sounds like as it's shredded by a Mag 7...it ain't pretty.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last