[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I found this site today and look what I find

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default I found this site today and look what I find

My tank has been up since Aug 2005 and I thought I have seen everything in our tank .I find this new site and this is what pops out. anyone ever seen one before? Its kinda cool looking worm... And I figured I would share a new pic of the tank.

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

looks like a bristle worm, what color is it ?? there are many species of bristle worms, the color from the pic looks yellowish, which would lean me towards Eurythoe sp. or Aquarium fireworm.
    if it is more of a redish color, that would lean me towards the common bristle worm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    looks like a bristle worm, what color is it ?? there are many species of bristle worms, the color from the pic looks yellowish, which would lean me towards Eurythoe sp. or Aquarium fireworm.
    if it is more of a redish color, that would lean me towards the common bristle worm.
    Its definitely bright yellow but the legs are very different,their not bristles they look like a centipedes legs... And on the head you can see two black eyes.

does it look like this ??
    Not really, Here is a close up (well as close as I can get.)

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

hmmm, i am stumped on this guy. even a google search didn't do much for me !!
    i am sure someone else will chime in to help out.

Guys, anyone else figure it could be a type of starfish? Maybe a hitchhiker?
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

that was my next guess !! could be a tentacle.
    I watched it and it went after a dead snail,took it out of its shell with its mouth and receded back to its hole so I dont think its a tentacle,also its lightning fast, I tried to grab it with some tongs and as soon as they hit the water he was gone...

Well its been Identified... I posted this around different forums and got a positive ID...

"LeslieH" from RF...

This one is in the family Oenonidae & called Oenone fulgida, AKA "Snail Killer". Don't let the name fool you - it's also very fond of clams and will eat detritus & other stuff if no molluscs are around. Unlike the amphinomids which have big clumps of white bristles used for defense this guy & it's relatives have much smaller bristles which aren't visible without a magnifying glass. The parts that look like centipede legs are fleshy appendages.

Guess Im going to have to try and watch this guy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last