[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Ich Help!

Bookmark and Share
    Pat-O - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Patrick

Default Ich Help!

Just lost my second fish I tested my water yesterday before work everything was normal except couldnt get reading on my calcium. I didnt see much on them but maybe a little fuzzy at end of fins possibly maybe one tiny spot. Looking for help and ideas. Im thinking of trying to get my qt tank up and running before work not sure if it needs run and cycle for a week or two before i use it. I have never dealt with this before in my tank currently is a firefish goby, a diamond watchman goby, a zebra bared dart goby, one cleaner shrimp, and an assorted clean up crew including a neon blue reef hermit, and red knobby star. All I have is some basic corals I got from a buddy and a xenia Ive had since I started all seem to be doing well. Currently running my fluval g3 and my reef octopus bh1000 for filteration.

Do I need to worry about anything other than the fish getting this if it is ich, When we pulled the fish out there wasnt any super noticeable spots on them that we noticed.

What does everyone think?

rcombs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rickie

i had ich breakout in my system. i have done research and found a simple solutoin that worked for me in a matter of days. UV sterilizer. it is not good for a reef tank to constantly run this if you want growth due to it killing some of the beneficial organisms in your reef. i ran mine for 2 weeks and stopped using it. not a breakout of anything since. sure they have medications ect, but to me they might mess with the parameters. with a uv u always have it and its for more universal problems. hope you found this useful.

CR Member

Another thing you can do is buy the concentrated garlic, and over feed. Fat fish are happy fish. IE I usually feed once a month or so... when fish get ich I usually will feed every day big portions. Also I usually soak the food, rods food in my case, with the garlic solution, usually 10-15 drops ,let it sit 5-10 minutes, then mix in tank. Also keep lights on actinics or off, will help keep fish relaxed and remember..don't stress them, that'll make it worse.

Pat-O - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Patrick

I think I will look into trying both. What is the name of the garlic food?

rcombs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rickie

garlic works good too. you can make your own with garlic clove from local walmart ect. DIY Liquid Garlic

CR Member

I use garlic power

BW1173 1?1317380135 - Ich Help!