[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

ich problem

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default ich problem

for the past few days i noticed acouple ich spots on my baby blue tang then by the next morning they were gone he eats fine but today he has alot of white spots, i dont have a quarantine tank and there are already corals in my tank is there any ideas how to help him fight it?

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

There is a medicated food cocktail that work well for some but seems to not help others, its worth a try.

IMHO, I would just get a bare 10g tank and fill it with water from your display tank, add 1 drop of Cupramine per 2 gallons on the first day and another dose 48hrs later. Always test copper levels before introducing livestock and at least every couple days to make sure its at the right level. You want a 0.03-0.04 reading, any lower and it will not work, any higher than 0.05 and you can kill/stress the fish

HTH and read up a bit on copper before you decide to do this, I went through a real bad ich outbreak a while back and the only thing that took it out was QT w/copper meds.

good luck
    60g Tank: 10g Fuge/Sump, Current Nova Extreme 4x54w T5HO + 4 LED, Wave2k, 2x Seio M620, Euro-Reef RS5-2 Skimmer, 130 lbs Live Rock, 3" Live Sand, LPS Corals, Zoa's, Saddle Anemone, Pulsating Xenia, GSP, Neon GSP, Purple Shrooms, Crocea Clam, Pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Tail Damsel, Coral Beauty Angel, Black Sailfin Blenny, Eel (Gymnothorax tile), Coral Banded Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, Sally Light Foot Crab.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

you can get some stuff that is usable in a stocked tank I think kick ich is one of them or you can do a fresh water dip and see if that helps also. if you do the fresh water dip you can actually wipe the fish down with a towel soaked in fresh water and that really helps as well. hope it turns out allright.
    fulltankshot 1 - ich problem

CR Member

thanks for all the help however im very lucky or somthing because by the morning the tang looses all the spots. thanks tho

CR Member
    First Name
    Andy

I think he will be fine. It took 5 before I got 1 to live, they were all about the size of a quarter every time I bought one. It seemed as if you would know overnight if they would make it. They all seemed to get whitespots but the one lived would eat. Good luck, Andy