[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Basics

This is our general discussion forum. If you're not sure where to post, feel free to post here. It covers topics about about tanks, stands, sumps, refugiums, salt, substrate, liverock, disasters, new to reefing, propagation setups, etc.

1. GRRR Hair algae

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. I've been sick again. Darn Crohn's Disease. Anyways, As allot of you know I have been having problems with...
    Started by Sea~Horse~Whisperer, 10-18-2004 12:33 PM

Sub-Topic:

Algae & Pests
  2. Cyanobacteria...

If a newbie were to come to your mercy as a last step short of quitting the reef hobby, how would you explain the cause, effects, and elimination of...
    Started by Reptoreef, 10-16-2004 01:28 AM
    2 Pages
    1 2

Sub-Topic:

Algae & Pests
  3. NEW RODI

OK i have been using my old ro unit for a long time with fair results but wonted to do a lot better as I'm slowly getting in to SPS. And afraid of...
    Started by jerryc, 10-16-2004 09:17 AM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  4. How time changes...

Here's my tank pics... #1-Sept 04(sps, mixed softies, clams) #2-Jan 04(softies, lps, algae) The diff is amazing from Jan till now.
    Started by Reptoreef, 10-16-2004 01:50 AM
  5. waterchange routine

I know its often said that water changes are the best way to keep nutrients down/trace elements constant.I was lazy at times,only doing the once a...
    Started by davejnz, 10-10-2004 06:23 PM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  6. switching tanks

My current 30 gal is stocked with SPS frags and a 1.5" SB,it has one of those crappy HOB overflows that i'm always having top mess with.The glass is...
    Started by davejnz, 10-09-2004 09:50 AM
  7. another kalk OD

Came home the other day from work to a milky tank.Seems the rag that i had stuffed on the top of my HOT overflow to help silence it managed to slip...
    Started by davejnz, 10-09-2004 10:18 AM
  8. RO unit

I bought a ro/di unit for my tank. It has only been in use for 6 months. According to the manufacturer the filters only need to be replaced every...
    Started by Sea~Horse~Whisperer, 10-07-2004 10:57 AM
    2 Pages
    1 2

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  9. side views of my 55.

Just a couple of shots from the sides...
    Started by Reptoreef, 10-02-2004 05:27 PM
    2 Pages
    1 2
  10. sump / refuge / return

I'm looking for affordable options to setting up my sump / refuge / return beneath my 75gal. tank. I was looking at a 38 gal tank, but am balking at...
    Started by sirpat, 09-27-2004 04:40 PM
  11. FL Hurricanes = LFS jacking up prices

While out LFS hopping today, found the LFS's are really playing on the supply/demand game. They must have gotten lucky a scored a couple dozen baby...
    Started by dakar, 09-26-2004 11:46 PM
  12. 125 or 150 or ????? (kinda long, sorry)

I currently have a standard 125LRR. It is against a wall in the bonus room. (junk room) We want to put it in the wall between the Living room and...
    Started by Sea~Horse~Whisperer, 09-18-2004 11:24 PM
    2 Pages
    1 2

Thread Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order threads in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Icon Legend

Contains unread posts
Contains no unread posts
Hot thread with unread posts
Hot thread with no unread posts
Thread is closed
You have posted in this thread