[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Basics

This is our general discussion forum. If you're not sure where to post, feel free to post here. It covers topics about about tanks, stands, sumps, refugiums, salt, substrate, liverock, disasters, new to reefing, propagation setups, etc.

Page 2 of 23 First 1 2 3 4 12 ... Last
  1. New

Hi everone! My name is Jenny and I am new to the hobby,I have a huge passion for the coral reef and hope to learn a lot from all of you. Thank you...
    Started by Jenny, 10-17-2013 07:38 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  2. New to forum looking for some advice

This is my first saltwater tank it is a 25g with 15lbs or dryrock and 5 pounds of liverock from my dad's tank. We set this tank up the day of the...
    Started by MatthewM, 10-03-2013 08:27 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  3. how hard it is to start and maintain a salt water tank?

This thread was automatically created from a recent chatbox discussion. The chat discussion starts on post 2.
    Started by jimsflies, 10-01-2013 12:16 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  4. added base rock, another diatom bloom?

I cycled my tank 40b with only 15 pounds of base rock and 7 pounds of live. It cylcled quickly and went through the brown diatom stage pretty fast as...
    Started by DonC, 08-26-2013 05:43 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  5. protein skimmer choices

I have been reading the forum and talking to a lot of people about my skimmer selection. I have narroewd the choices to 3 units. reef octopus...
    Started by smontmagny59, 08-04-2013 03:29 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  6. Protein Skimmer Info

Hi, I'm ready to add a skimmer to my 37 gallon 30X12X22 reef tank. It has to be a HOT unit and i can spend up to $200 Anybody have suggestions
    Started by smontmagny59, 07-28-2013 09:30 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  7. diy hood

hi there, I am building my own ho t5 hood and have not benn able to select a ballast for it doing 4 individual t5 lights 24" long so i need 4...
    Started by smontmagny59, 07-18-2013 09:06 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  8. New 37 gallon reef build

I am setting a new 37 gallon with the intent of making it a reef tank over time. I have gotten a lot of different opinions on filtration and...
    Started by smontmagny59, 07-06-2013 11:47 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  9. Pico reef

My daughter received a 3 gallon desk top aquarium that right now is freshwater. She wants to make it a saltwater tank. I told her we could do a...
    Started by samoyedsrule, 07-02-2013 08:52 PM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  10. Detroit Public Water

Hey I was just about to order the replacement filters for my filterguys RO/DI system and was wondering if anyone knew off hand whether dpw uses...
    Started by cheapfish1, 06-03-2010 06:58 PM
    3 Pages
    1 2 3

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  11. hang on/under-gravel filter and Anemone

I have been reading a lot on the different boards. I still consider my self a newbie. Thinking I needed to do a bit more research with in the SW...
    Started by pbrown_48146, 03-10-2013 12:27 AM

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing
  12. The saltwater switch!!! For people seting up their first saltwater tank.

The beginners reef guide!! Many people look at a saltwater fish tank and whether it be at an aquarium or a local fish store and are amazed by their...
    Started by jojo22, 01-21-2007 10:20 PM
    3 Pages
    1 2 3

Sub-Topic:

New to Reefing

Page 2 of 23 First 1 2 3 4 12 ... Last

Thread Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order threads in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Icon Legend

Contains unread posts
Contains no unread posts
Hot thread with unread posts
Hot thread with no unread posts
Thread is closed
You have posted in this thread