[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Just got used 100g 60X18X22

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default Just got used 100g 60X18X22

well i just got a 100g tank,oak stand, and canopy for $420.00 was a fair deal. I have been wanting to have a larger reef tank for some time. I will have to wait until i get tax money back in a couple weeks to kick this project off. I think I will use 2 175w MH and t5 actinic. 40 long for sump. ASM GII skimmer. any suggestions or ideas welcome.
    I don't know if i have the nerve to drill this tank for a calfo style overflow.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Good deal! BTW there is really nothing to drilling your tank... just takes a little time and some patience... So long as you know for certain the tank isn't made from tempered glass... generally only the bottoms are tempered on most tanks...
    Know what brand the tank is?
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

nice buy
    :: hummer :nemo

CR Member

Default Photo of center brace

Dakar or anyone else this pic may help id maker? It is a terrible thing to have a 100g tank in the shed!!! I am very anxious to get it wet!!!! Just need $$$$$$$$$$$$ lol At least I can plan and think about it.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Afraid not....though if I had to guess the center brace looks like the older Oceanic style, identical to the bracing we removed from our Oceanic 180g.
    If you can measure or guestimate the thickness of the glass that might help.... otherwise you can very likely just drill the back should be safe, so long as the front/back/side glass is as least 3/8" thick it's almost never tempered.

There is a way to determine if glass is tempered by using a coupe pieces of polarizing film (and I have some scraps, just have no clue where). Thought it was posted on the board here somewhere, can't find that either... having a great day.....
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

w7afm - Reefkeeper CR Member

I do agree with Dave, it is an older tank so it will have tempered glass, by the looks to me it might be an older All Glass. Myself I wouldn't take the chance, if you have never worked with glass to that degree I feel you will more then likely crack or scatter the glass. Just my thoughts on that.

Bob
    Snipers......Reach out and touch the ones they want to........[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]