[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

On-line ordering ?

Bookmark and Share

Default On-line ordering ?

Has anybody had any experience with ordering fish or live rock on-line ? Namingly a site called Aquacon.com?
    Dan Schmidt

CR Member

I've done quite a bit from liveaquaria.com. The animals arrive healthy. The costs are less expensive than at any store but the shipping is generally about 50 dollars. Makes financial since if you have a large order. I would be willing to order with you. If you live nearby. I'm in Fitchburg WI.

Erik.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

We never dealt with them that I know of yet.

But Welcome Aboard! Glad to have you.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

I have never delt with that particular site before but I have had good luck with "saltwaterfish.com" Latley it seems like their stock has been low, havent checked em out in about a month though. Orders over a certain dollar amount ship for free....you do ecure a $10 box charge sometimes though. Let me know if you are ordering and from where. Like Ewaitob, if you are in the madison area....I may want to jump in on an order with ya (too keep shipping down, or if you need more $$$ on your order to qualitfy for free shipping.) Ewaitob, if Dan is not on our area maybe we canget some others interested in a group order?!

GT

Thanks for the input so far I guess I should had mentioned I am located in Minneapolis.
    As a follow up I called this Aquacon.com and the siad that they cure there rock 2 weeks. Am I correct in assuming that I would have to cure it the for remaining recommended 4 weeks for a new tank or can I get by with just a couple more weeks Any help anybody can give me would be great. Maybe It is just me but this seems like a good deal (they do not charge for shipping? Let me know what you think

Thanks much ! :
    Mpls newbie
    Dano[/i][/b]
    Dan Schmidt

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

The actual curing will begin once in your tank and not subjected to anymore contact with the air... this is when it will all matter the most. If the LR is natural and well "seeded", going for it would be great. However, there are always hitchhikers(some very unwelcome). Welcome to CR and thanks for your immediate posting.

Repto
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying