I have a few small spots of hair algae on a few rocks that keeps coming back. I want to try raising my magnesium level to get rid of it.
Problem is that my Salifert mag kit only reads to 1500 ppm and I think I need to get to at least 1600 ppm.
What does the mag need to be to kill off the hair algae.?
I have sps, lps, and some soft corals, what is a safe level for them?
I skipped Chemestry in school, but it seems like each 0.02 of the Mg3 reagent added equals 30 ppm.
So I can add additional MG3, using a second syring full, to read the total ppm right?
Please let me know if you have done this successfully, as I don't want to kill of anything to get rid of a little hair algae.