[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

mean people

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
    larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default mean people

I bought a used 120 gallon tank from bostonpop on mr. Me and a friend picked up the tank and the guy said nothing is wrong with the tank. I get it home.fill it up everything seems fine for three days. Then I wake up to a flood. I call the guy and he admitted the leak and said it wasn't that bad and he glued it. Well since yesterday I resealed the leaking overflow. I transferred everything into holding tanks with alot of casualties. Im so mad I lost my powder blue, three cleaner shrimps, peppermint shrimps, sixline, bubble coral and a few acan colonies. Hopefully no more as im starting to put the 120 back up.

Wy Renegade - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by larryandlaura View Post
    I bought a used 120 gallon tank from bostonpop on mr. Me and a friend picked up the tank and the guy said nothing is wrong with the tank. I get it home.fill it up everything seems fine for three days. Then I wake up to a flood. I call the guy and he admitted the leak and said it wasn't that bad and he glued it. Well since yesterday I resealed the leaking overflow. I transferred everything into holding tanks with alot of casualties. Im so mad I lost my powder blue, three cleaner shrimps, peppermint shrimps, sixline, bubble coral and a few acan colonies. Hopefully no more as im starting to put the 120 back up.
    Ouch! Did you get some or all your $$ back?h
    I collect PEs, and I'm always looking to trade for ones I don't have yet.

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Nothing back at all he is being a jerk! I also just lost my la lakers and a blue linkia. Going to give the caulk two more hours to dry.

tankdude - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dean

It's people like that, that give this hobby a black eye. If he/she were a good person they would give you a refund.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I think I would be talking to a lawyer if you have any house damage from it...that is total BS.

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    I think I would be talking to a lawyer if you have any house damage from it...that is total BS.
    +1 Especially as the seller admitted mis-representing the tank.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I hear civil suit~I did it when I caught some neighbors kids jumping on top of my 86 mustang~parents wound up paying $2700 in damages.

If you were to tally up your total losses~I'm sure you'd find it well worth the trouble.

I'm truly sorry for your loss L&L (((hugs)))
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

i agree that its bad practice that the person lied to you and that in full confidence you should be able to use the product without problem... i only give this tip to anyone who plans on buying a used tank and reads this post.

This is a good example of water testing ur tank with FW for a few days to see if anything leaks, a test like that could have avoided a flood and casualties.

this wasn't pointed at the original poster... just proves that you can't believe anything anyone says and you should do your own tests to see if they were lying or not.

no matter i dont blame ur angry at the person and i would be too, its even possible that a water test would have not shown this and no amount of sorry's and ill pay you back will change the fact of what happen. I along with everyone else am sorry too.

spartanrob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob

Man that sucks! I agree with others, I would try a civil suit.

korndiddy20 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Mark

he said the tank was good for 3 days, so even if he did a water test it would of came out positive. It sucks he didnt reviel the leak before buying, if he did and you still baught it then its on you, kind of a buy at your own risk and he wouldnt have any responsibility to your losses, but since he didnt say anything about it until after the fact he owes you.
    Diddy Polyp Pimp

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last