- Titanium heaters.... Are they a must?
I think so if your glass one breaks you fish will have a shocking experience.
- Circulation in a fuge
... what do you all reccommend? (it will be about 7 gallons - 12x11.5x12)
I would say about 10 times per hour but there are many opinions on this point.
- ATO resivoir placement... Is there any issues with it being above the sump? (I'm going to have an aqualifter attached to a dual float switch)
Don't see any
- Does anyone know how deep of water the Coralife 65gal superskimmer operates best in?
Hope someone else answers this one for you
- PVC connections to pumps... What is the best way to do it?
I like quick disconect union joints
- Overflow drain pipes... Is there an issue with putting T's or 90 degree Elbows on these? (I don't have access to flex pvc.)
try to use 45's instead of 90's even if there are more of them you will have less friction, also only use what is needed the more fittings the more friction loss
- New equipment (PH's, pumps, heaters, Skimmers, etc...) what's the best way to break these in, and should you clean them before you start using them in "production" in your tank (if so, how?)....?
I have always just rinsed in freshwater but I could be doing it wrong.
- When doing a full-blown wet test of the whole system, is RO water nessicary or reccommended?
tap water should be fine.
________________________________________ Live Stock:
- I plan on having a DSB of 3-4" in my fuge
, should I put any type of clean-up crew in the fuge
I would do maby some snails and a crab or two
- When should I introduce the clean-up crew?
when you start to see a need for one. don't waste money on a "pre selected" crew, build one according to your nneds as they arise
- At what point should I add in cheato to my fuge
? (before cycle, after, during?)
I would go a few weeks after.
________________________________________ LRock, Sand
- I've got some carib sea sugar-fine dry sand coming, do I need to wash this stuff before putting it into the tank?
yes rinse it very well, if you don't you will have a major sand storm ( I learned the hard way)
- If the LR
I buy is cured, is there any need to wash it before I put it in my tank?
- Carbon - Would it be good to drop the bags of it in my aquaclear 70 that I can attatch to my sump instead of just putting it directly into my sump. This way, I can maintain the flow going through it more easily.
BTW... I've been told by several people now that carbon really loses its effectiveness after 24-48 hours. And, after that, its basically a bacteria farm.
- Should I run a mechanical filter of some sorts during the cycle process?
It would only cost money, the cycle will run its course without it