[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

After Many Years, saying Goodbye Need advice on tank/livestock/etc pricing

Bookmark and Share
    Tom Toro - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Default After Many Years, saying Goodbye Need advice on tank/livestock/etc pricing

Hi Folks,
    Life is changing and with the retirement of my wife it means downsizing. We are selling our home and I have to sell my beloved Reef Tank. I've been doing this seriously since 1998.

I didn't post in selling forum because I have no idea for a price. So, I need some thoughts on pricing for the whole setup.

Here are the particulars:
    240gal Great Lakes Tank, never drilled 8'
    2x 100 gal Rubbermaid tub sumps. Drilled in tandem to use 2 large tubes between them (sweet setup). First tub has the pellet reactors, ETSS 1400, heaters, A lot of LR and it has two 2" tubes connected to the next tub that has the intake for the Reeflow return, the ATO float and a screened floating refugium with algae and about 5 big rbtas that escaped from the pack.
    2x ETSS 1400, but it's huge and takes a Panworld 250 to run or Iwaki 100. Has dual tubes in the back for the feed and it's about 4' high.
    Reeflo Barracuda
    6 or more LED lights. Tons more types in the back too, like T5's fixture(s)
    Huge 1600gph overflows plumbed with sewer pipe into the first tub that drains into the second tub where the Reeflo sends it back to the tank. One overflow needs one seal.
    Lots of ph.
    Tunzes x 4 or 5 can't remember
    Iwaki pumps 50 and 70 I think. Might be a 100 too.
    Pellet reactors
    Heaters
    controller
    Old Aqua uv that still works needs bulb
    Lots of parts
    Lots more I can't remember.
    2x 55 Plastic food certified water drums for salt mixing and turn a switch and it feeds the fresh salt water back into the system.
    RO system 100gph membrane, piped into a float for the auto top off and piped into the 55 gal drums for refill after the water change.

Livestock:
    At least 10 rbta's that are hosting 8 perculas
    At least 5 toadstools (1 giant one)
    Lots of Zoas
    A little bit of frogspawn
    Orange Yumas
    Belus Angel female perfect condition with streamers
    Timini Tang
    Purple Tang hlle bad
    Regal Tang hlle not bad, but huge
    Spotted Gobi (shows up now and then)
    psudocromis bicolor fat from all the bugs
    Foxface perfect condition but huge
    8 hosted perculas. Love the rbta's
    Who knows what else is in there?

The tank is running now and has been for years. It runs itself and I've left for 18 days without checking it (I do have a camera on it, but that's all). Auto top off, Auto lights, Auto heat, Auto fan, Auto feed, Giant plumbing, valved so you can do a 100 gallon water change in about 15 to 30 minutes.

I've made this thing easy to maintain so I'm not married to it.

So here are the catches:
    I won't part out.
    I need it all taken by the buyer and his two friends at least I'd think and their 8' bed pickup. Cash or Paypal please.

What kind of a price would you guys put it up for?

Thanks in advance,
    Tom
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

135g down and given to a buddy. New pic after the wall is repaired.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Wow!!! THIS IS A GREAT SYSTEM. You kids enjoy your retirement. Anyone who buys this system is getting a first class set up from one of the most honest reefers around. Good luck Tom