Quote Originally Posted by rmalone View Post
ro/di for sure, it's cheap enough that you just shouldn't be without it. Clams that are happy eat calc and alk, if your not interested in dealing with those two don't bother with clams, even if wc's deal with it you will still need to watch and test. I wont speak to maxi-mini nems but the BTA's don't really need all that much feeding if you have the appropriate light. I think a maxi-mini tank, perhaps a few ricordia would be a sweet looking tank.
Thanks everyone! and yeah i think i am going to go with the maxi-minis. i never had good luck with ricordeas but maybe i will give them another shot. im sure there are lots of ways to make it look cool, i am going to go with black sand if i can find some that way the LEDs dont reflect off the white and it makes the colors in the maxi minis glow on the black background.

i will also keep the RODI, just seems like less hassle, there is a water spigot right where the washer and dryer is and i will just drain the dirty water line into the washer and use it to wash my clothes lol then i dont even waste any water!