[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Now I know why so many people get out of this hobby

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    michaellong - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    michael

Quote Originally Posted by Jstadler View Post
    Got home last night, talked to the wife, grabbed the baby and went down to check out the tank, feed the fish, etc. As soon as I get to the end of the steps I notice something isn't right, halides are still kicking at 9pm, they are supposed to shut down at 7. Strange, but not a huge deal I think to my self, get closer to the tank, and realize the floor is wet. You gotta be kidding me right? A couple months ago my 50 breeder sump/fuge cracked across the back pane. New 50br, siliconed all the baffles in the new one, drilled my hole for my external return pump, replumbed the whole system, everything was great. IT **** HAPPENED AGAIN. So I was up till about midnight getting everything swapped into a rumbermaid sump, and a little creative plumbing it's back up and running. So in one day life has just crushed my spirit, to top it all off I'm going on vacation Monday morning. Who know what kinda tragedy will happen then. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Maybe put it all up for sale. Just when everything starts coming together, this kinda crap continues to happen to me. Just wanted to rant, hopefully I can get parts from aquaticlife in time to at least get my light fixture fixed before I leave.
    I went to the doctore because I was sick going on 2 years , not able to eat, lost 60 lbs. Said stop drinking. ??? What??? I don't drink. Anyway - now years later my pancreas is healed and it was all a misdiagnosis. I had a bad gallbladder. The reef tank was my escape. Out of something I could not fix - at least I could fix that. I am not you, but I do know we all (including you) take pride in our accomplishments. Every failure you encounter leads to an open door, a story to tell. Your knowledge from your journey will inspire many children and others that see what you've done. So I learned don't giveup for the wrong reasons. Everything I work on fails without constantly revamping and finding the better way. Usually I end up on the couch because of $$$. However the couch is in front of my reef Never give up fellow reefer
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Likes fishtal, vega15, CableGuy liked this post

michaellong - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    michael

I did with mine but it took all day and cabinet modifications. I built my stand and didn't think I would need to get the sump out. Little did I know .

Jstadler - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

Thanks guys, things are looking up James at Aquaticlife feels its the relay in my fixture that is bad. They are shipping me out one today, it might possibly be here before I leave. If not I'll put the fixture on a timer, that way it will be at least turn on and off by itself. Aquaticlife has the best customer service I have ever experienced, If any of you are considering an all in one fixture, look into them, they will take care of you. Worst case my makeshift sump works, just isn't "pretty" like I like.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Glad to see your hanging in there.

I agree with jay- sounds like the sump was not supported evenly all around.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Glad to see your hanging in there.

I agree with jay- sounds like the sump was not supported evenly all around.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2