[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

OMG IM SO SCARED MY TANK IS TOTALLY SCREWD UP HELP ASAP

Bookmark and Share

Default OMG IM SO SCARED MY TANK IS TOTALLY SCREWD UP HELP ASAP

ok i did a 20 percent water change yesterday and everything looked fine and then today i looked at my CBS (coral banded shrimp) started to turn yellow and then tonight he finally died i dont no wat caused its death and im really really nervous for my angel and my clown and my two chromies and my sea erchin please tell me what happended or tell me something to do tonight PLEASE HELP IM ASKIN ANYONE FOR ANY KIND OF HELP

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

First I'd run a check of all water tests you have. Since you just did a waterchange I'd suspect your salinity, but impossible to tell without testing.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

another thing you might want to check is how close was the temperature of the water you changed to the water in your tank. if it was too cold or too warm this would affect your cbs also, they are very very tempermental when it comes to temperature and salinity
    fulltankshot 1 - OMG IM SO SCARED MY TANK IS TOTALLY SCREWD UP HELP ASAP

Sorry hear about your lost.
    I found some shrimps and crabs seem realy touchy about water changes, I think they can't take fresh water at all, I lost some justfrom poring waterin the tanknear them. A lesson I learned the hard way.

This maybe what happen to you shrimp, but check you water, just to be sure, ever thing is ok. The good news is if this is it, then your fish and archin will likely be ok, fish seem too take drops salt levels fairly well, I seen fish even put in fresh water for short times, and archins seem to be fairly hardy.

Well best of luck.
    Mike

Very good point about the temp of water getting added, that could do it too.
    Mike

tigersax7 - Reefkeeper CR Member

just out of couriosity (sp) what was the source for the water you used for the water change? It could have been contaminated with some thing...but the tempiture or salinity sounds likely.
    tigersax7
    only the finest in gehto reef technology ~