[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Oyster Eggs??

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Oyster Eggs??

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Reef_Angel, you said that for a treat sometimes you give your sun coral oyster eggs. Were do you get them from??? how big are they??? are they ment for people??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Oyster eggs are used a food for corals, kind of like phytoplankton.

Here is a like to DT's website.

http://www.dtplankton.com/oystereggs/main.html

Guido - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice link Whoyah. I just learned something new. #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Greetings/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    Failure is for those who accept it.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

They are a very nice treat for all of your corals.... a bit expensive for what you get, that little jar is quite little, but as the packaging says, a little goes a long ways... the eggs are 40 - 50 microns in size, but many things immediately respond to them.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thanks Everyone for fielding the oyster question for me. I love to feed them at night when the lights go down to actinics, or even better...when the little blue moon nite lights comes on. All their feeder tentacles are out, and that's when I like to poof them with the oyster eggs. Boy do they get happy, and I go to bed knowing that all their mouths are full. The candycanes go crazy, and my zoos, my plate coral responds, the frog spawns etc....I can't go down the whole list without this getting to long. Thanks Whoyah for providing that link about them. The Oysters are very expensive, so I can only give them as a treat here and there. The eggs are not something people eat. The are so tiny that they make the tank water i add to them blurry, but the response from the corals says, "Yep, what she just put on us is GOOD! Happy corals, that's my mission. I'm out of them right now, so if any of you would like to send me a gift for some reason.........send me a frozen container of them from you LFS. Some don't carry them, but will special order for you if they are a decently run store. Have fun if you try them.
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#how much are they?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

First Name
    Dave

They retail here for $30 a jar, very small jar at that.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

I'd imagine a little goes along way,thats the first organic food i've heard about with that small of a micron size.Golden Pearls has a 5-50micron size but that is artificially made.Do the OE need to be refrigerated?

First Name
    Dave

The labeling calls for them to be stored fozen. Gotta go give away some more money tommorrow to get some more.... we just ran out

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow.! $30!! o well, only the best for my coral! hopefully i can get some in canada!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last