[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Questions?.....

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Default Questions?.....

Is this a button? (My avatar.) New pink lobe brain looked real good the night I put it into the tank but now not so good. Any sugestions?
    Also yellowtail damsel, disipeared, Molly died, and a new cleaner wrasse disipeared when put into tank.

Help whats going on?

flame - Reefkeeper Registered User

you need try somethng smaller for you avitar.

weclome aboard
    It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously.

Sorry it was to show you the pic of what I am asking about. The thing in the middle... is it a button? As well as the fact that the fish in the pic are the only ones left. The rest disapeared.

What is your water test results, how big of a tank, how old of a tank,

I have a 55 gallon tank that has been up since feb 2003 but has been moved twice. It has been up in this house since march 2005. I am taking my water in to get tested later today. But last week it was perfect!. I went and bought 6 new pieces of coral 2 brains(1 lobe not happy, 1 open happy) 1 frog spawn happy, some hairy mushrooms happy, torro mushroom happy, and normal striped shrooms happy, and a pink carnation um ok. When I added these I also added the cleaner wrasse and it disipeared. And some snails they are happy.

As soon as you get your water test please post them. I think you added a large bio load to your tank and may need to do a large water change. Do you have a skimmer?

Oh yes I have a skimmer, penguin 150, and UV filter.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

welcome abord and yes that is a button pol yp on the rock.
    fulltankshot 1 - Questions?.....

huge avatar heheh

cleaner wrasse are not as hardy as every one seems to think. They live maybe if your lucky 6mo to year at best. Longer and you've got a good one. Mollies are technicaly braskish water fish, tho sold as freshies, they can be kept in SW IF they were either A) raised in SW or B) aclimated over weeks from fresh to SW . I tried this a while ago without success. Also they really don't have the aggessive tendancies that SW fish do and can get beat to death by a damsel. .
    The corals you added.. brains will close up for days at a time after being moved. It may open up and be just fine. I don't think 6 coral is to much of a load in a 55.(depending on the size ).. If you have plenty of filtration.. rock ect. You say its been up in one form since 2003 and in it's current location for 10mo. When you moved it did you save water.. sand ect to reseed the tank or did you start over with all new? If you "bingoed" with old stuff I don't think it's a problem with the load If you started new than maybe it's just not done cycling .. in that case it could be to much added at one time. I moved my 55 into a 125 I used all the rock ect and was up and running with in less than a week.
    The other thing you might want to look into is this.. if you did use rock ect from the old to set up the new.. you might have "old tank syndrome"... maybe changing out some of your substrate might help. We also went through a bout of old tank syndrome.. the substrate actually had turned into slabs of rock! Replaced with live sand and things perked up again.
    Just things to mull over while you wait to get your water tested.. oh and you might want to get your own kit to keep track.. Let us know the out come of the test and we can delve ito this a little better.
    sarah
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last