Finally going to add sand to my established 240g bare bottom. I'd like to do it without killing everything in it so I was hoping for some opinions on the method, type, size, etc. Anything you guys can tell me to help me avoid a disaster.
1. What size sand is best?
2. Is there a specific brand that is cleaner than the rest?
3. Will I start a cycle when I add?
4. Is there a calculator that can tell me how much I'll need to cover a certain surface area and depth?
5. Will my ph change drastically one way or the other?
6. Proper way to dump it in to avoid a sandstorm?
7.Should I prepare the sand in any way (let it soak, stir it up outside of the tank to get rid of an junk in it)?