[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

ro/di still have tds

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
    jay13 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jay

Default ro/di still have tds

Hi, just put in a brand new ro/di unit and went from 340 tds to 6 tds. is this normal? thought it should be 0 tds. also just a trickle/ drips come out of di line. is this is a normal flow rate? 75 gpd ro filter maybe i just expected more flow.

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jay13 View Post
    Hi, just put in a brand new ro/di unit and went from 340 tds to 6 tds. is this normal? thought it should be 0 tds. also just a trickle/ drips come out of di line. is this is a normal flow rate? 75 gpd ro filter maybe i just expected more flow.
    how long has water been running through the filter?
    slow trickle is pretty common, usually do to poor pressure in the house, you can always buy a booster pump to get better pressure.

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

Let it run for a while....waste some water. First time using it I would say throw away a 5 gallon pail full of product water. A trickle is about right, if it is a 75 gpd unit at optimum production that is only about 1 gallon every 20 minutes.
    I simply can't trust people that don't like bacon,

First Name
    Jay

running for 24 hours now, inline pressure gauge ordered to check that. refilling my180 and sump after the crash and wow it just feels like it is taking forever. i guess if the tank and 75 gallon sump are full in four days i will have my answer to the flow portion. still i expected 0 tds and am getting 6.

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

lol...yeah...it takes a long time. If its been a day I would have expected zero by now as well depending on the unit you have. Production however depends on more than just pressure, few of us get the advertised amount.

good luck..........chuck
    I simply can't trust people that don't like bacon,

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

You could have a defect in the RO membrane. That would allow things through that shouldn't normally get through. Is it really new, or just " new to you".

First Name
    Jay

brand spankin new, installed all the filters myself. still at 6 tds it is over 98% efficient........ way better than the 340 tds!

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jay13 View Post
    What is TDS?

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

Total Dissolved Solids - the salts and minerals found in "clean" water.

Joefish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Joe

Have you calibrated you TDS meter recently?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last