[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

shrinking frags, small worms

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default shrinking frags, small worms

I have been keeping an eye on my frags and some look nice and open, and some look like there closed and there getting skinny. I just turned the lights on so some of them are not open, but the ones i put a red circle around are what i am worried about. They are gettin very slim and never open. I also see TONS and TONS of small little centipedes crawling all over the rocks and corals. They are like a white/clear centipede and so small they are hard to see. I would say there about 1/4 of the size of a fenel seed. I am not sure if there harmful but they are so small i cant even take a picture of them. They are not red either, not even tinted, jsut clear/white.

The pictures are not old, the camera date is off

some other shots i tried to get

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

i have no idea, try reefcentral.com
    60g Tank: 10g Fuge/Sump, Current Nova Extreme 4x54w T5HO + 4 LED, Wave2k, 2x Seio M620, Euro-Reef RS5-2 Skimmer, 130 lbs Live Rock, 3" Live Sand, LPS Corals, Zoa's, Saddle Anemone, Pulsating Xenia, GSP, Neon GSP, Purple Shrooms, Crocea Clam, Pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Tail Damsel, Coral Beauty Angel, Black Sailfin Blenny, Eel (Gymnothorax tile), Coral Banded Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, Sally Light Foot Crab.

me either

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

I am not sure what is the cause of that but I had some zoo's do that and sorry to say that they totally all melted away. I tried moving them to diff parts of the water tried a lugols dip, freshwater dip. but all was to no avail. if youfigure it out let us know.
    fulltankshot 1 - shrinking frags, small worms

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

I would watch for zoa predators like sundial snails and zoa spiders. http://www.melevsreef.com/id/

Here is link to Marc's wonderful site that shows both. Zoa spiders are in the Pod section.

I added some new pictures of those spiders last week.

I can't see the pests you've described in those pictures. The best you might do is find a picture on my site or the web that looks like what you are seeing to determine the problem.
    Marc

Visit Melev's Reef

Marc,
    I checked your site, nothign that looks like them that i could find yet. I will search the net and post a pic if i can find one. I still do not have a protien skimmer or RO/DI system. Suppose to be coming on x-mas (i hope).

I say it looks like this, VERY VERY tiny, almost hard to see unless you really stare at the rock then you can see hundreds crawling all around. It is more white i think but very similar if not exact.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last