[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

tank crashing...

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    MonsterTankMan - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Richard

Default tank crashing...

So i trated my 55 this morning with pazipro, followinng dirrections to the T and my tank acts like its on the verge of crashing..can the treatment cause the ph to crash?

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

treating a main tank was probably a recipe for disaster to begin with, why exactly did you treat your whole tank with prazipro?
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

First Name
    Richard

I had a new purchase not eating shimmying, was acting like he had monogienes.

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

so your suspecting your pH has fluctuated in some way? have you tested for anything? what are your parameters, tank size, types of livestock etc...
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

First Name
    Richard

It a 55 fowl system, stock blue throats,fosteri hawk,pink skunk clowns,small blode naso.nitrate 50,nitrite 0,ammonia 0, ph was8.5 as of lastnight,dk 12. It has a hob filter and protien skimmer and 2 koralias.

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

well your nitrates are a little on the high side, your pH could be lowered but isnt bad. Im not exactly sure why you think your tank is crashing? are you just overreacting? how does ones tank act like its going to crash. are your fish acting funny?

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Same question as red, what makes you think its crashing?

i dont think prazipro has anything in it that can effect ph, its probably just dosing the prazipro period that had an adverse effect on your tank.

again though i ask what kinda signs are you seeing that you think its crashing?

the nitrates are a bit high but not to be of a concern to your fish .

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Are you dosing alk? That seems kind of high. You have sps or chalices? Again that just seems really high....

Jstadler - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

Prazi pro will lower your ph. I've dosed it a couple times to clear up a fluke infestation. It had no ill effects on my reef.

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bluwc View Post
    Are you dosing alk? That seems kind of high. You have sps or chalices? Again that just seems really high....
    he said it was a fowlr so im guessing no coral lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last