[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

tomorrow is manifold day

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Default tomorrow is manifold day

allright tomorrow I am redoing the manifold on my tank (got a home depot gift card for xmas) i am gonna do 1inch pvc.
    the existing manifold on the tank right now is a mickey mouse rig. right now its half inch pvc and there are only 4 ports (one in each corner).
    so what I am gonna do is upgrade to 1inch pvc and I am gonna do a total of 10 ports 5 in the front and 5 in the back they will come down and then i will attach 45 degree elbows on them and angle them in various directions.
    Here is the pikel I am in. I CANNOT do an external pump (well I can but I really,really,really,really do not want to drill the side wall in my sump) I have been searching for a good submersible pump and the biggest I could find at a good price is a MAG its rated 3600 gph. Do you guys think this will be enough to get some good movement through the tank???
    I am also gonna drop 2 small powerheads in the tank and run them all the way to the bottom and hide them in the rocks to get movement on the bottom of the tank.
    I need some input on this. I am gonna order the pump tomorrow hopefully.
    what are your thoughts on this??? thanks guys I appreciate it

GREG
    fulltankshot 1 - tomorrow is manifold day

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

I think that if you run 1 inch pipe then downsize the angels to like 3/4 it would help build pressure that may create more flow. You may also keep in mind that later down the road if you adapted loc-line to the ends with flared tips it would do the same thing and you could adjust them a little better.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

You can always do another closed loop in the future if neccessary, so for now, why not?
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

First Name
    Greg

I am gonna do a flared tip on the end of the pvc (easy to do just heat and crimp) so I have that going for me. I just need to get all these damm powerheads out of the tank. I am almost ready to start on the canopy and need to this manifold done

that pump is only going to turn the tank over 9 times an hour. Don't know if you did the math but that is not very much. What powerheads are you useing and is the 3600 GPH after head loss??

First Name
    Greg

THAT IS THE IDEA OF THE MANIFOLD. is to get rid of the powerheads. I dont want them in the tank.

First Name
    Greg

your head loss should be approx 8% or right in there

You said that you where going to use some power heads in the bottom of the tank hiden in the rockwork in your original post. That would add to the total turnover correct??

I am also gonna drop 2 small powerheads in the tank and run them all the way to the bottom and hide them in the rocks to get movement on the bottom of the tank.

First Name
    Greg

ooooohhhh yeah. sorry buddy. yeah I want to do that to make sure I dont get any detrius settle on the bottom :D

First Name
    Greg

something I forgot to mention is that I also have my plumbed returns (the ones that comes installed in the tank) and I am upgrading that pump to an 1100 gph pump so that will help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last