[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Traded for a Sea Clear 200g tank yesterday!

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    AJ :) - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    aj

Awesome looking tank! Those are really unusual dimensions. It is sure to be an impressive display.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make of this.

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

Looks like I will be buying a house in two to three months so I will get to set it up sooner than I thought. It looks like money wise on led lighting and skimmer maybe first of the year though possible time I get everything done.
    I need to find someone to buff the tank while its broken down. The previous onwer had no isses with bulkheads but I wonder if I should put new gaskets on it? In case I run into issues later with it. It was full of sw and running when I got it.
    I am really leaning on the Kessil led a350 lights. Anyone got a tank size similar to mine and using these lights?
    I really want a reef tank and thinking I'm going reef route.

AJ :) - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    aj

How deep are the scratches? You could fill the tank with fresh water and see how many scratches disappear.

Orphek makes some LED lights that may work well for you tank. Orphek Drops a Pendant LED Bomb: DIF 100/50 XP | PRLog

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

Just 1 major scratch I want gone. I will get the others also that are not as noticeable. Anyone close to know how to do this and can do it?

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

I have just got moved in my new house. Itching to get started on the aqaurium.

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

chort -

Congrats on the new house. While nothing is permanently committed, get an electrician to wire specifically for your tank. GFCI, isolated circuit, at least 20A. You'll be glad you did down the road... Moving a tank like that later, well it probably just doesn't happen.

Can't wait to see water in that tank!

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

I wished I thought about the GFCI outlet before setting the tank in place. I still might can get to it. I need to get the tank scratches polished on the inside before adding water. It looks like it will be difficult though. Anyone in my area done this?

The bulk heads plumbed out the bottom in the back. I wonder how often you got to replace the seals? Thinking on doing it but the guy who had it had no issues. Its on very tight.
    Last edited by bravo2; 11-20-2012 at 01:52 PM.

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

I picked up a ro kemflo filter system used for 6 months for a $100.00 today. It should be a ro/di 5 or 6 stage. I was told it was 6 stage. It has one sediment filter, 2 carbon filters, a resin filter, a odor (taste,ordor,ect) filter, not sure what the other one is. I was told the resin filter is the di part. Good deal? I have know idea setting it up, help would be appreciated if you dealt with that brand.

I also picked up 200g bucket of oceanic salt. I already got some crushed coral for bottom of tank but did not wanted to use it and go with sand instead do to acrylic tank but that would set me back a bit cash wise. what do you think? I don't know if I got enough crush coral yet. Anyone got extra reef sand they want to get rid of?

Next I'm working on getting me a reef octopus 3000 or 300 model in sump filter system. If you got one let me know. I don't mind used if a good price and nothing wrong with it or something better skimmer wise. I should be able to get one in 2 weeks.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3