[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Traded for a Sea Clear 200g tank yesterday!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

Default Traded for a Sea Clear 200g tank yesterday!

I traded for a Sea Clear 200g tank yesterday! I'm told its a 200g. I had been in salt water for a long time started back in 1997 but when I moved 6 yrs ago for a job I got out of it knowing I probably will get back into it later on. Wife and I talked about it for last few years and I kept putting it off due to renting. Last year on my birthday I went and drove a few hrs one way after seeing pics of a oceanic tank and was going to get it till I got there and it was badly scratched up. I wasted $100.00 that day in gas and expenses oh was I mad. It took my whole off day for the trip too! Since then I figured we would wait till we bought a house then get back into it so I been putting it off.
    I've had oceanic natureview 125g for long time and always wanted a 135g or bigger. I also had a 80g oceanic also. I had moved and sold the big tank and kept the 80g. I dabbled in reef but never got my tank going strong in reef. I had a 20h that I tried plaing with also but it just would not stay stable. It was a roller coaster ride doing good then not and back and forth. I knew the tank was not ideal but got it cheap used. My 125g was my fish tank. I got fustrated with the 80g and just got burned out I think.
    Almost got a 8' believe 240g or 280g years ago that I found new and it was a good deal. It just did not have a stand so I did not get it. I still wished I gotten it and may get one later after I buy a house next year.
    So Anyway I traded a marble table for the Sea Clear tank,stand, wet dry sump and pump. It was up and running he had bought it 3 months before that and bought it used. Its got some scratches but not to bad just one that really stands out and I want to fix it. While its broken down I would like to polish it if I can to fix it but I know nothing about doing that. This is the first acrylic tank for me. The guy had 2 other tanks setup in his living room besides this one. We broke it down and it sure did take some time. I will show a pic when I can. I would love a reeef but this one be better suited as a fish tank I think. The hardest pert will be cleaning it as I'm short and its real tall. It has one set of T-5 bulbs for light. I will have to build a nice hood and put a bunch of T-5's and fans in. I would hate to put a lot of rocks in it and not be able to get them out or really scratch up the tank. I prefer glass tanks as I never scratched mine up badly as I know these can get done easy.I bought a used 55g today toput in my sons room as the guy gave me a wrasse. I forgot what it is and have not found a pic of it on here. We will do the 55g as saltwater and get a few fish till I buy a house and set the big one up.
    I know nothing about Sea Clear tanks or there lifetime warranty policy, and I want to know what it covers and is it for purchaser or who ever owns the tank against leaks or ect.
    Opinions and Ideas on which way to go fish or reef? I love reef and have the time for it just not had a lot of good luck I guess. I tried very hard. My son would like a reef in the 55g so may do it as a starter reef not decided yet. Sorry for the long wind I figured I might as well tell a little about me and my experiences. I'm excited about the tank trade for sure glad my wife made the deal happen. I may have to get another tank (like a 40L breeder tank) to get into fragging as I know I would enjoy it until I can get my big tank going. Whats smallest tank you suggest to grow frags? I'm not new at this thats for sure. Thanks, Danny.
    Likes Tom Toro liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Hi Danny, welcome to CR! Congrats on the new tank, great trade IMO
    Those scratches are pretty easy to remove. You can find the kits to do it at BulkReefSupplys.com or maybe even one of our sponsors sell them.
    Make sure you have a nice sturdy step stool handy and you'll be fine. It's what I use
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Awesome enjoy the new tank!
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Welcome back to CR! Looking forward to seeing your build!

CR Member
    First Name
    David
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

awesome! great to see a new face! welcome to the club!

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Wow, that's a sweet trade. What are the dimensions of the tank?

If you've got the time and the wallet I would go reef with the 55. It would make a good "practice" tank until your ready for the big upgrade to the 200 gallon.

Tom

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

Tank is 36" high, 41" wide, 26" deep on the ends (front to back) but 30" deep in the center since its a bow front tank. It has a sump drain area in the back and plumping runnins out the bottom there.

The wet dry sump I did not see a name on it but bet its same brand but just don't know. Demensions are 36" long, 18" high, and 12" deep front to back.

I really want to do reef but not till I buy a house cause I would not want to move it once a reef is setup.

I only had $500 in the table bought it used and it was original a 2k table I was told from who had got it from there family member who bought it new.

I do not know brand of pump but its bigger than a little giant size 5 ot 7 I had. Its model 12B utility pump kinda looks like a giant dont think it is. Heavy.Says E160713 listed 8C9,9 110 watts/1.5 amps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

Here is another pic.

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

Here is another.

CR Member