[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Traded for a Sea Clear 200g tank yesterday!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

Another picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I love that tank!! Partial to bow fronts myself, seeing as I'm running one Definitely no issues with my lights covering everything.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

MizTanks, What lights you running? What lights you recommend? I never used T5 bulbs and not read up on them yet so don't know if they are that good of choice maybe SWF only but not sure and thinking reef they might not be enough even if I ran the whole top with them. Maybe halide bulbs? Electric bill be higher then,lol.

I do agree its not perfect tank especially for cleaning. I would normally never buy a tank like this but I traded for it ad have no money tied up in it yet. Its not for big fish. I had big fish in my old 125g and prefer for this to keep fish that normally will stay smaller anyway, except for tangs and triggers. Before I am done I will have a SWF and a Reef tank anyway as I like both. My favorite fishes like I use to have and the ones I want I never had yet will have there places hence reason for 2 big tanks.

dputt88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Doug
    Awards Tank of the Month - January 2013 Tank of the Month Post and Reply Award - Finding Nemo PAR contest Fishbowl Drawing Winner - Summer Swap Fishbowl Winner (Red Dragon)

looking good there! i cant wait to get my big tank going.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I love that tank!! Partial to bow fronts myself, seeing as I'm running one Definitely no issues with my lights covering everything.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

My tank is 21" I'm running 4x24w T5HO all ATI lamps, only coral I'm NOT keeping are sps. Everything else thrives under these lights. I even have a Tridacna Corcea clam just under 11" from the lights. Which the lights sit 4" off the waters surface.

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

I had a 85g and a 125g with a lot of light on them so not really worried about the electric bill and water changes. I was referring to if I had to use like halide lighting as I can see it being higher electric bill to get the lighting needed to the bottom,lol. I know nothing about led lighting. What lighting should I go with? I am interested in LED too.
    Last edited by bravo2; 08-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

Anyone know what pump and wet dry I got in the pics? I'm thinking its a long the line of a Danner mag drive 1200 GPH pump.
    Last edited by bravo2; 08-27-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by bravo2 View Post
    Anyone know what pump and wet dry I got in the pics? I'm thinking its a long the line of a Danner mag drive 1200 GPH pump.
    It is definitely a Mag Drive pump. The model "12B" makes me think it's a Mag 12 (1200 GPH) but I'm not 100% sure on that. Mag Drive pumps are high quality and long lasting... good score.

Tom

CR Member
    First Name
    Danny

I had a giant mag drive on my 125g tank long ago and it never wore out over the 8 to 9 yrs owning it. This one the body has a different looking metal housing and the cone guard is different. The part number matches what I found online but it does not look exactly the same in pics. Its marked 12B, so I do know its a mag pump and it should be a good pump. Looks like I will get 4.75 maybe little over 5 cycles to 5.25 cycles a hour out of it.

Now to figure out what wet dry acrylic or plexiglass sump I got. I will have to get me a protien skimmer to sit in the sump for it also. Money wise I'm looking at the Reef Ocyopus 200. Any others in price range that compares? I would like the thicker made ones if possible.
    Last edited by bravo2; 08-30-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last