[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Ulva (sea lettuce) in a fuge?

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Ulva (sea lettuce) in a fuge?

An comments on this? Info maybe? I been doing some research on it and it's main food source are nitrates. Thinking about trying it in my fuge. Main concern? Procreation-lol. Don't want it getting into my DT
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

nate_newton - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Nate

What algae do you currently use? My favorite is caulerpa racemosa.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I've been using chaeto for the past 6 months. It's been working great, I guess. I've not done any comparing by use. Looks like I won't be either I just stuck with what I know and ordered more chaeto-lol

First Name
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    I've been using chaeto for the past 6 months. It's been working great, I guess. I've not done any comparing by use. Looks like I won't be either I just stuck with what I know and ordered more chaeto-lol
    Why do you have to order more?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by nate_newton View Post
    Why do you have to order more?
    I killed everything in my fuge via hyposalinity, while trying to raise the salinity in my DT. Ugh! Just something stupid I did, don't ask why lol. It's all good though as no harm came to my DT.

First Name
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    I killed everything in my fuge via hyposalinity, while trying to raise the salinity in my DT. Ugh! Just something stupid I did, don't ask why lol. It's all good though as no harm came to my DT.
    Really? I might have to experiment with that. Do you remember how long it was before you noticed something was wrong?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Really? I might have to experiment with that. Do you remember how long it was before you noticed something was wrong?
    I'm sure it happened sooner but I didn't notice it until about 5 days after dumping in the salt lol~killed all the flat worms, all coraline, all copods/amphipods, all bristle worms. My SB is probably no good but I tried really hard not to stir it up while draining out all the deadness. Looks like a new fuge lol. New pods/chaeto should be here tomorrow so I'll be reseeding of course.

First Name
    Nate

Wait you put the salt in directly? I thought you did a water change with the new water a high salinity.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Wait you put the salt in directly? I thought you did a water change with the new water a high salinity.
    lmao~noooo if I'da done it that ways I wouldn't be feeling so freaking stupid lol~I filled a glass half with salt/water then stirred it some..poured some into fuge then added more water into the glass and stirred it again and poured some more into the fuge...I did this several times over and over again. Now you can rest assured I'd never do something like this with my DT but I was thinking that it would slowly mix in my fuge...NOT!!