[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

upgrade bug bugging me 280 wide or 300 wide???

Bookmark and Share
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default upgrade bug bugging me 280 wide or 300 wide???

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm looking at 2 different tanks. Which one would you choose? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A.) 280 G wide 72x36x25(central overflow can be added with the 36" width)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#B.) 300 G wide 96x30x25(overflows on each end)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm not sure which one I like more. I like the 36 in. width on the 280g but I also like the 96 in. length of the 300g. Both are the same price so that isn't an issue.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

I like the 36" width idea... even if you loose 20g of bragging rights. But you may need a ladder to reach anything at the back of the tank Though the 96" length would make it easier to run 48" tubes end to end if you want to go that route for any of your lighting.

Is it going to replace your 125 or in addition to it?
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

it's going to replace the 125. I won't be getting it for about a year though. I want to get all of the equipment for it first. I don't have the room to store a tank that size.
    Seahorse Slave!!!

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Seems I remember you saying something about a 180G almost being bigger than you wanted to go. What in the world have you got up your sleeve over there? Is it going to go into the wall where you have the tank now? That's a biggy! I can see you hanging by your feet from the ceiling to clean it and stuff! :-) You've been holding out on me girl. I want more details!!!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

klasikb - Reefkeeper CR Member

I'd go with the 280w, it would be great to have that extra depth to aquascape.
    Just a girl trying to create a little bit of paradise on earth without killing it.