[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

What is one of the colors on a clownfish? (hint there is a clownfish on the CR logo in the top left corner of the page.)

vacations and saltwater tanks

Bookmark and Share
    Dragynwing - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default vacations and saltwater tanks

what do you guys do when you go on vacation and you need
    yourtankmaintained while you're away? i'm starting a pet sitting
    serviceand iwas thinking about marketing my saltwater aquarium
    hobbyexperiencealong with the standard dog/cat/exotic pet sitting. is
    thissomethingthat someone would be interested in? having someone come
    overoncedaily or every other day (or whatever) to dose the tank, top
    offwater,feed and do baisc care like that? i'm heading to my LFS for
    somewaterand i'm going to run it by him as well and see what he
    thinks.thankseveryone!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#~Lisa#ed_op# br#ed_cl#
    when i want to hear the pitter patter of little feet i\'ll put shoes on my cats.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

A great idea. I do it here for other club members, but if you're in a vicinity where that idea is feasable... do it.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Excellent idea. Especially if something need troubleshootin. I'd use you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Erik#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have several people like you are talking locally that only do SALT TANKS. They don't do fresh tanks or any other animals. They run from $19-$45 an hour & from Joe Blow who decided they had enough knowledge to people who go to school for it and many different siminars. The latter type person generaly have liability insurance as well. They cover any problems that happen while you are away and replace anything that deceases. They also clean all equipment, feed, add water, and any other needed maintenance. They will also do it because you do not wish to any longer. Some how it doesn't seem right to hire some to care for my tank full time. I think a vacation sitter is great! Though, I usually throw a fellow reefer a little bucks to add already prepared water as needed and feed themfrom my written directions. I ask them not to try to do any other maintenance. I do it when I return (usually very little needs to be done). Hope that helps and good luck!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#