[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

WARNING: EVERYONE READ THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
    jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default WARNING: EVERYONE READ THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Do not buy water from walmart. I bought 8 gallons of "RO" water. I did the water change went to bed and when I got home from church today everyting was dead. Well it was not RO it was straight tap water with a copper content exceding the limits of the test at the LFS (which is .25 mg/l) and a phosphate content of 1.0 mg/l. I went back to walmart and filed a claim with their insurance company who I was told would probably call me tomorrow.
    I will keep you all up todate. Needless to say I am very upset and frustrated. I will not be rebuilding this tank but focusing on the new 72 gal. the skimmer and filters/powerheads will be used in the FO (clowns) tank that I am setting up in the baby room to avoid cross contamination.

:WHY:Do stores do stupid things like this??????
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

OH JOJO. Man I dont know what to tell you. man I am soooo sorry, let us know how it turns out!!!
    fulltankshot 1 - WARNING: EVERYONE READ THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Well I am in high spirtit about the new tank. I can reuse most of the supplies in the the babies clown tank so that helps.

P.S. you can tell me that you will never return to walmart but then again you shouldn't lie so I guess what you have said is plenty. Thank you.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

Oh Joe, that is horrible. I am SO sorry that you have to go through this... I hope they take care of you and reimburse you for your losses.

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

How does Walmart have RO water packaged/contained?

Renee

Since Joe isn't online now, I will say that my WalMart (like the local grocery stores) have a machine where you can place a gallon container and fill it with "supposedly" RO water. That's the way it is here, but it may be different where he is.

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

Ohhhhhhh.... they were everywhere in Texas. I know what you mean now.

Renee

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

jojo, that sux buddy !! sorry to hear about your tank man !! i am kinda like Greg on this (don't know what to say). make you a deal though ... you pay shipping and i will send you a few NICE frags for FREE, for the new tank, when it is ready !! how's that sound ??

CR Member

jojo's horrible experience can teach us ALL a lesson....if it's not from your equipment, before you put it in your tank TEST IT!!!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that stupidity has no limits!

PurpleAardvark - Reefkeeper CR Member

Personally I would buy R.O. water form any store. I know 2 LFS in town that doesn't change filters but once a year. R.O.'s are cheap if you break it down. It cost about $.01 to $.02 per gallon. I use mine for drinking water too. out here is cow country not as bad as dakar and reef angel but still bad. They have a little more pos. and nitrates up there. Either way if you own a tank I always recommend a R.O. with two D.I. I think that would be a great artical for everyone to read. Would you guys like to see if I can dig it up?
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last