[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

What is happening to my tang?

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    CR Member

Well, I've been looking at him more closely. His face seems to be healing but we are going to our favorite LFS tomorrow to ask our guy there. We'll take him a picture and get his opinion. I did notice tonight that his face "scratches" seem to be shrinking. The spot on his face along his nose is notably smaller. I'm thinking he's jumping around in the caves of LR and bumping up against walls. He's doing his "territory" dance all over the tank especially when we get up close with the magnifying glass LOL. He sure flashes pretty! When I figure out how to edit my camera's video I'll post it.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that stupidity has no limits!

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

sounds good .... and hope he makes a full recovery
    :: hummer :nemo

cweber - Reefkeeper CR Member

Im glad hes doing better, and wish you the best.

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

I thought HLLE took a long time to start up...

What I was able to dig up on HLLE really quickly (you have got me interested AK I feel another research project coming up)

Ok here it is from Robert M. Fenner's book The Conscientious Marine Aquarist:

"This common complaint is manifested in enlarged pores and disfiguring scarring along the heads and body laterals system of fishes. This syndrome has been linked to poor water quality, nutritive deficiencies, and the protozoan Octamita (Hexamita) necatrix. Tangs and angels are especially susceptible. Definite improvement is achieved with the administration of stabilized vitamin C and vitamin D. Fresh and prepared foods should provide these, but making sure they are there by including a vitamin supplement is recommended. Lightly steamed or microwaved broccoli has also been used successfully to treat the condition.
    Anecdotally, “stray voltage” has also been implicated as a causative agent for HLLE. If in doubt as to whether your setup is grounded adequately, do test it and correct any problems. "

Hope that helps!
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

CR Member

You guys are ALWAYS helpful. His face is healing nicely it's about a 1/4" spot now. He's now gotten a scratch along his side. It's a scratch not a wormy looking thing as HLLE or MHLLE pictures have shown in the places you guys so generously provided for me :-) . He's been flashing and swishing his tail kicking up sand dust alot so it's my guess he's gotten carried away and run into rocks.

Anybody know where I can get a protective Tang Suit? LOL He gets along with all the other fishes and even pals around with the Longnose Butterfly so maybe it's a sally lightfoot or the creature we hear popping in the tank. (I don't know if it's a mantis shrimp or a pistol shrimp but it's one of em!)

Thanks for all your opinions they were all helpful!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that stupidity has no limits!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2