[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

what is wrong with my shrooms ??

Bookmark and Share
    lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

Default what is wrong with my shrooms ??

i noticed this a few days ago, and thought i would just keep an eye on them. they started opening up again so i thought maybe they were ok. we went to the lake this weekend and came home to them looking like this (pics below). can anyone tell me what is going on with them ?? i have never seen this before in any of my tanks.

tank parameters :
    SG ... 1.021
    ph ... 8.2
    cal ... 460
    alk ... 10
    everything else is at 0

notice the "holes" in the centers ... where the mouths should be !! you can actually see all of the string tentacles !! HELP !!

Attachment 2361

Attachment 2362

Attachment 2363

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

i don't know what to tell you but have you tried to feed them something like cycopzees (sp?)? it couldn't hurt
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

you might try moving them to a darker spot. Looks like they are kind of melting away to me.

First Name
    Bobby

thing is that on this tank, the only lights are 6 18w power glo strip lights. feedings we have tried, but to not avail.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

man they dont look good, I would keep an eye on them and if they dont perk up I would pull them incase of toxifying the rest of the tank
    fulltankshot 1 - what is wrong with my shrooms ??

First Name
    Bobby

yeah, thats my plan for now Greg, crazy thing is ... today they look alot better than they did yesterday !! hmmmm ....

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

could it be splitting? I now anemones look pretty nasty when the split apart but in just a few days they back to normal. Just a thought.

First Name
    Bobby

i am watching for that Shad. they may be going through a stress related "split" due to being moved to the new tank and moved around more than they probably should have been, as do a lot of the corallimorphs and anemonies. i guess all i can do is keep an eye on them and see how it goes.

i dont know if this is too late to do any good for you or not but the main problem im seeing here that no one has addressed is your sg this should be in the ranges of 1.024-1.026 for reef enviroment.1.021 is ok for fish but not inverts and corals

yeah, sg i low. that might be causing a stress related split. this happened with these exact shrooms. i would move them to a lower flow, lower light area, and gradually raise the sg to about 1.024. i think if i would have done that it would have split instead of dying. anyway, good luck
    siglinenew - what is wrong with my shrooms ??