well when i got the tank from my cousin there was two rocks with hair algae on it and then it went to the bank wall off the tank and its jus bad. every water change i would scrape of as much as i could get and it just keeps growing back.
I do a WC every week to every other week depending on how busy i am with work. Ive been using RO water and sometimes if its late at night i have to use tap water but i use a declorinator (my spelling sucks
) that the LFS told me to use if i use tap water. in the tank is one clown, one yellow head goby, a green mandirin, two chromis, a star fish, sea urchine, an anemone, a plate coral, a couple frags, and about 20-30lbs in LR
. I only feed once a day or once every other day (depending what time i get home from work because the lights might be off). The lights i have are the oceanic stock biocube lights i keep them on from like 2pm to 10pm.
It seems like i think i find the cause of the hair algae but then i wake up and its there again. I do know when my cousin owned the tank it was his first and he bought some live rock from only god knows who and thought the algae looked cool. well it over took his now my tank and now im thinking the only way to get rid of it is to get rid of the LR
and i would have to scrape the whole back wall and drain the water to make sure theres none left. but i would deff like any info on how to do this right and cost effictive because i hate taking care of the tank when it just gets worse.